Small nano tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zensong

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all I'm thinking of purchasing a small nano reef tank due to space restrictions and cost! Any recommendations? I be seen some really small ones in my local aquatic shop and the clowns look really happy in them. Can they thrive in small nano tanks?

Hi all I'm thinking of purchasing a small nano reef tank due to space restrictions and cost! Any recommendations? I be seen some really small ones in my local aquatic shop and the clowns look really happy in them. Can they thrive in small nano tanks?
Clownfish shouldn't be in less that a 20 gallon tank IMO, and that's for one. If you want a really nice nano tank look into the biocubes.

Clownfish shouldn't be in less that a 20 gallon tank IMO, and that's for one. If you want a really nice nano tank look into the biocubes.

Thank you! I wanted to convert an old 20gallon tank into a marine but when I costed all the equipment up it just seemed more sense to buy a fully set up tank. I will check out biocubes.

Biocube 29 opens up so many possibilities. It's really just a great tank.

Yep love those tanks but I'm in the uk and trying to find one is a nightmare! Can only find a kent reef tank which is similar but good price!

I think keeping a single clown in a ten gallon is acceptable, IMO. Especially since I've seen people keep them in tanks as four gallons for up to two years. I personally wouldn't go any smaller than a ten.

I have 2 clowns in a ten gallon with coral and a clean up crew and they're all doing great, you just have to be really strict on your water quality, ie. water changes, adding buffers etc. I've seen clowns in as little as 8 gallon tanks that are doing fantastic. Mine are actually determining whose going to be the dominant one as we speak haha

ForumRunner_20131219_094208.jpg

Back
Top Bottom