smallest possible heater with temp control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquazen

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got my 2.5 gallon nano cycling, and currently have a top fin heater inside the tank. The top sticks out by about 1" to 1.5". Does anyone know where to find the smallest possible heater which sports a temp control? I'd like to find one around 4" inches so that it will fit in the media basket area of my Aquaclear 50. Have had no luck looking. Would be nice to open up the back corner of the tank. TIA.

I found a really small heater at Wal_mart for a friends tank. It's not adjustable and set for 75 or 78 degrees. It seemed to work well. It was about 4" long.

I have an acrylic, 2.5 gallon All-Glass brand tank. I use it as a QT tank for bettas and also I will put a new betta in it for a week. I use the Visitherm Deluxe 25-watt heater (the glass one). I don't know if it would fit into the AquaClear (probably not) but it does fit in the tank and it doesn't over heat. It is adjustable, but it's longer than 4 inches. Since it's glass, it must be unplugged during a water change.

Back
Top Bottom