Some questions on 29 biocube upgrade pump.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jaketit

Aquarium Advice Freak
So currently I'm running the stock bio cube pump but it seems a little lacking and from what I've been reading it is. So I went out yesterday and purchased a MJ1200 like almost everyone suggested and boy was I disappointed. I certainly got the better flow I wanted but I also got the louder humming that my wife complains about every so often. This tank is in the bedroom so it needs to be silent or I can kiss it goodbye =( SO my question is what is the quietest pump with the most flow that I can cram into that chamber?? I heard Eheim is good but their 1000 pump only spits out (I believe) 267 gph. Which is not to much better than stock. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Why don't you put some felt or styrofoam between it and the glass?

I don't feel it was vibrating on the glass. It seemed more like the hum from the pump it self was resonating. I held it in all positions last night to see if it would quiet down but no luck. I put the original back in for now.

Take it apart and clean it out. Soak it in vinegar. See if it addresses the issue.

I must not have made my question clear. The stock pump is fairly quiet, I just want more flow. The maxi jet I purchased was a lot louder so I returned it. My question was what is the quietest upgrade pump with more flow?

What's the flow you're looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What's the flow you're looking for? Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well frankly, I liked the flow from the maxi jet. Just not the louder hum. I have since put the stocker back in and I'm living with it until I come across another alternative. I've been researching it here and there to no avail.

Back
Top Bottom