stand update/rant (long)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well Jen, the woman who works there said my stand came in today, and that it would be really cool if I could come pick it up tommorrow they are open from 10-6. So, either at my lunch, or after work, I`ll be busting through the door. Its like a dream come true. I never thought this day would come. :cry: I`m so happy! :D Thanks to everyone for putting up with my whining. I know I`ve probably been a pain bitching about this. Overall its been a really good day, wife gave me the go ahead to buy a smaller tank as well, either maybe a eclipse 12 or 10 gallon for a nanoreef. She wants a "nemo". I find out my stand is in. And to top it off, I get out of work two and a half hours early! WOO HOO, chalk one up for the little guy!

You can tell them at FishB-- that I would never buy anything from. I was in there Friday looking around with my 9 year old son and he dropped a $2.00 ornament on the floor and it broke. I think before it hit the floor the B!t&* behind the counter screamed "you dropped it you bought it". Well my son came to tears, being so imbarresed and I was pissed. The point being I was going to tell him that anyways to teach him a lesson, but that was taken care of by the b---- at the counter. Needless to say I through the two dollars in the counter and left and never to return. There, I feel better now to! :lol:

I hear ya buddy. Cant seem to say enough about them. Did get to go to the beach today though. It never fails to amaze me how much you can find out there at the Navarre Pier. Found a ton of baby puffer fish, filefish, reed fish, hermit crabs, etc. Tommorrows judgement day. Theres a guy on the flightline that wants to set up a large sw tank. I made sure to stress to him my experiences with the local stores.

Im guessing its a 55gal just by the price of the tank, charging you that much for the stand and canopy is kinda expensive. I feel lucky now since if i order a tank through my LFS they barely mark up the profit that they make on special orders. The owner of my LFS says that if someone orders a tank from him that hes going to make enough profit on all the other stuff being that he dont need to mark up the special order tanks. I would get a REFUND go somewhere else. Their must be plenty of places for you to purchase it elsewhere. JMO

Well to give you the quick run down, I did get my stand, however I wasnt completely happy. I had them order a stand/canopy as a set to make sure they were a perfect match, of course they only ordered the stand and gave me the canopy thats been sitting there for the last 2 months at least. They didnt match the price, the woman said that the stand that I ordered was a more expensive unit. Now it looks like it is, it really does, but when I asked when I ordered it if there was a difference in price, the owner told me no. Convienent huh? So then she tells me that she really wants to do something for me, so when I`m ready for fish, come back and see her. Come back and see her for what? So they stick it up my a$$ a little more? Thanks but no thanks. If I was smart I would have told them where to stick the stand, but I didnt, mostly because I was in uniform. Its weird, since I`ve come in, I cannot get mad at people publicly. I`m more gentle natured now than ever. I hope no one else has the unfortunate luck of dealing with them. The only good thing I can say is I think they had a tank meltdown this weekend, because EVERY fish but one was mysteriously gone. Now theres no way they sold every fish there in two days, its impossible. On the other side, the sea horses look like they are on their last legs too. I guess what goes around comes around.

I know what your saying about being in uniform. Its not just being in uniform its whats on the front of the uniform----YOUR NAME-------!

You already know what I think of them.

Back
Top Bottom