Starfish for 24gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HairlessPotter

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok i know this question is often asked and i have done much research on starfish but find differing opinions. I know 24gal is small for most all starfish and they will eventually die. My question is is there any starfish that would actually do good in my nanocube? Its about 5 months old and it would be probably a couple more months before i get one anyway. The tank has corals and 2 oscellaris clowns plus the CUC. I have a lot of live rock and lots of little critters around the tank and in the sand. I've been looking into the marble sea star but it seems like it may do good, it may not. Any opinions on what starfish would do best? Or if i should just not get one at all? I don't want one dying and messing up my parameters, i would rather just not get one in the first place if that is the general outcome. Anybody have experience with stars in nano reefs? Thanks in advance

I've had my blue linkia for 10 months now and it has grown over 2 inches and is plump. My 30 gallon reef was 11 months running when I added that beauty. I did do a 6 hour 3 second drip acclimation, VERY important!

Good to hear! Everyone makes it sound impossible. I may try the marble star then cuz I've read thats even easier than a linkia. First I need a lid, ATO, and a new heater possibly. Thanks for the input :)

Back
Top Bottom