Starting a nano reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tankman3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
OK so I've been in and out of the hobby for years never saltwater or reef tho..I picked up a cube masters 12g (I know it's a cheap ripoff of the jbj 12g nano cube) it has 3 t5 bulbs 2 daylight white one blue..internal filter and bio media...what else will I need to get besides the obvious are my lights OK for coral how do I attache the frags once I cycle the tank..how much flow do I want in the tank. Lighting schedules. And what are a few good beginner corals to start with

Uh, no. Most LFS people try to sell you uneascary stuff in my experience.

Anyway, it's all about par when growing corals, I don't use that light system, though I did use t5 a few years ago, you can attaché frags by using a type of reef safe putty that hardens underwater. Flow depends of Corals, usually 20or 50x the tank volume. Lights should be no more then 8 hours.
Light schedules depend on when your home really.

Softy are the best starter corals IMO, zoas, star polyps, etc. are great

Anyway, it's all about par when growing corals, I don't use that light system, though I did use t5 a few years ago, you can attaché frags by using a type of reef safe putty that hardens underwater. Flow depends of Corals, usually 20or 50x the tank volume. Lights should be no more then 8 hours.

Uh, no. My LFS people are trustable:whistle:

Thank you. So the lights I have are OK or should I lose the lid and get a clip on led system?

Back
Top Bottom