Starting up a lil tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

McAllister 22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Was thinking of starting up a tank will this work but not for jellyfish

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397623743.329946.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397623743.329946.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 87
8g I thick got given to me i just going keep it simple but do they make a pump small enough that will turn it into a turbine

That kind of tank usually comes with a built-in filter.. Of not I'm not sure, maybe a small internal filter.. You can't do much in a 8g, I'd do a shrimp tank for sure :).. Maybe a betta..

Jellyfish are not easy to keep. You need a strong light for upside downs(the easiest to my knowledge, but still difficult) as they're photosynthetic. Is this your first sw tank? I would not start out with jellyfish

Hey. Its 6 gallons. I tried a nano reef with this very tank. Could be done.
Flow was a major problem. Imo- no sand could work. cleaning is a major pain, keep it simple. Equipment looks ugly as you cant hide it.

What did u use a pump to give it the flow and as a filter I was thinking 102 Fluval and for a light there's not too many options but I did order led

for fish you could go with one of these but in my honest opinion a 6g is way to small for anything but its your tank so its your decision bud, good luck!

Nano Fish

I tried 3 power heads, korilla pico 180, rio 50 & rio 180. The 50 worked best as the shape turns water over and the powerhead arms are able to be angled so slightly.

I made a hob refugium from a medium breeder box, & korilla 50 heater.
Par 38 led-

Had no issues but I had to much rock work to add the corals I wanted, more of a personal preference than anything.

I still have it, going to turn it into a fresh planted frog tank for the little ones.

To small for fish imo-

Back
Top Bottom