Stocking 10 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was looking at mushroom corals and colt coral as beginner corals, but frogspawn sounds cool.

I have green star polyps and zoas in my 4 gal along with a glove polyp and all are pretty much just set it and forget it. They look amazing in my tiny tank. I plan on upgrading to a bigger tank this year.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391795653.115152.jpg

The place I was looking to order from has "reef custodian" packages, would a pistol shrimp and cleaner shrimp plus this be ok? It seems like too much but these inverts are really small.

Package #1
5 - 10 Gallons
5 - Blue Legged Hermits
1 - Red Scarlet Hermit
3 - Astrea Snails
2 - Margarita Snails
$17.40

IMO a ten is to small for both a cleaner and a pistol. Nothing to do with bio load more space, pistols can be nasty and if the cleaner happens to wander by one if it's burrows ( which in a 10 will happen a lot) the pistol might kill it. JMO and something to think about

IMO a ten is to small for both a cleaner and a pistol. Nothing to do with bio load more space, pistols can be nasty and if the cleaner happens to wander by one if it's burrows ( which in a 10 will happen a lot) the pistol might kill it. JMO and something to think about

Should I swap the pistol for something else then? Or leave it out entirely?

The ten I'm currently building I plan on stocking a cleaner and either 5-7 sexy shrimp or a couple pom pom crabs along with a green clown goby and either a court jester goby or harp tail blenny.

So does the reef custodian package, a cleaner shrimp, and a pair of peppermint shrimp sound good for inverts? I'd like a firefish goby and a green clown goby for fish in the tank.

Oh and would the previously mentioned corals be alright under higher end brightness Normal Output fluorescents? Mainly the mushrooms and colt. Not so worried about the frogspawn.

Got the water and live sand in now. Just waiting for a trip to the next larger town for my live rock. Going there in the next couple of days so I'm excited! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392912889.780451.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392912926.077717.jpg

Just a tip - you usually do rocks then sand. When you get your rocks make sure thy sit on the bottom of the tank, on the glass. This will be much more stable.

Just a tip - you usually do rocks then sand. When you get your rocks make sure thy sit on the bottom of the tank, on the glass. This will be much more stable.

I'll be sure to move the move the sand so they do.

Got the rock in! I'm amazed by the number of epic hitch hikers! A little starfish even!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393293454.982873.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393293702.713191.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393293801.926819.jpg

Changed out the fairly substandard lights I had in for a pair of 13 watt cfl bulbs. Significantly brighter. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395173174.597134.jpg

Back
Top Bottom