Stocking a 29g Bio Cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've heard of them but never seen them. They look cool.
I have an urchin cardinal pair and that's a pretty sweet deal. Cool to creep up on them at night chilling in the spikes too.
Hope these ideas help darkprincess!

A new thread has been started and off-topic posts have been deleted. Please try to stay on topic.

Last edited:
Jmkb02 said:
Well with the flame angel, he will nip at your coral. He pretty but a pain. I would go with a tang or butterfly. With the mandarin, if you dose the tank with pods, About once every two weeks depending in your system, he will be just fine. Corals; I started with mushrooms, polyps, and a soft tree. That stuff is all very hardy and will tolerate (no offense) "beginner" water levels. Also once your system is established, I would recommend turning off the uv sterilized to just a couple days a week. It stops your pods from reproducing on their own. It really is a hurry up and wait game when it comes to sw. keep in mind, no two tanks are the same, so make sure you test your own water and learn what you need for your tank.

No tang ins something that small

At the risk of not debating fish you don't want...

Have you considered seahorses? The stock BC29 makes a great seahorse tank as long as you don't get a cold water species or dwarfs. As far as corals you can still do non-aggressive softies and zoas/palys with the seahorses.

I have a pair of H. Kuda that I have had for a long time. I have a scooter blenny in with them as well.

I don't know what happened with this thread, but it was regarding inverts. I considered sea horses but had decided against them.

Ok so going back to your initial thread.

You won't be able to do any hard corals in the BC with stock options. The lighting just isn't adequate. You can do softies, zoas, palys, etc.

I have Xenia, Kenya tree, Ricordia, Zoanthids, common mushrooms, and a corky finger gorg, they do well in my BC29. If you want LPS, or SPS you are going to have to consider some modifications to the hood to increase the light.

Back
Top Bottom