Stronger lighting for 7 gallon pico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zactheninja

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want stronger lighting for my mini reef, I have a toms aquarium perch light and it hasn't done much for growth, I've read that a lot of members have ordered the par38 bulbs and used them in a normal fixture?

Anyone have links or anything? Everything I find seems like it wouldn't work.

That's pretty cool!

How has it handled the inhabitants?

Zactheninja said:
That's pretty cool!

How has it handled the inhabitants?

Not sure what you mean. It's a pretty powerful light when you get 3 strips on there (that's what I have). It doesn't need to run for very long. My live rock colored up very fast with it - lots of life. My mantis shrimp did pretty well with it too. I'd send a pic, but I took the tank down to upgrade :(

all4wheels2 said:
Not sure what you mean. It's a pretty powerful light when you get 3 strips on there (that's what I have). It doesn't need to run for very long. My live rock colored up very fast with it - lots of life. My mantis shrimp did pretty well with it too. I'd send a pic, but I took the tank down to upgrade :(

I meant growth on coral and such. But I see.

Zactheninja said:
What's the difference between the bulbs in the first link and the second?
Only thing I really noticed was price.

I believe the first one has different colors like red,green purples blue an whites.

The other one has blues and whites.

The first link is what most use on there tanks in a nano forum. But yeah price and color is what it comes down to.

Look at my album under my 8 gallon. You can see the full spectrum light.

Convict2161 said:
I believe the first one has different colors like red,green purples blue an whites.

The other one has blues and whites.

The first link is what most use on there tanks in a nano forum. But yeah price and color is what it comes down to.

Look at my album under my 8 gallon. You can see the full spectrum light.

Will the different colors have any difference in growth? Amazing tanks btw. :)

Zactheninja said:
Will the different colors have any difference in growth? Amazing tanks btw. :)

Nah... Not IMO, you want some blues and whites. The other colors are just to make colors of the corals pop.

I did read somewhere that some corals accept different colors though for what it's worth.

Convict2161 said:
Nah... Not IMO, you want some blues and whites. The other colors are just to make colors of the corals pop.

I did read somewhere that some corals accept different colors though for what it's worth.

Alright.
Thanks convict!

Back
Top Bottom