Supplements for Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't supplemented my reef tank. I've had troubles, but it was always from water quality, from over feeding or not using ro/di water. All of those things were able to be addressed by doing water changes with ro/di water over a period of time. The only time I believe there is a need to add anything to your reef tank is if you can test for it. This prevents those levels from rising out of control and crashing the system. Water changes will do all of this within the necessary ranges and dilute any possible problems.
This brings things back to water changes and possibly moving it to a different location in the tank.

I haven't supplemented my reef tank. I've had troubles, but it was always from water quality, from over feeding or not using ro/di water. All of those things were able to be addressed by doing water changes with ro/di water over a period of time. The only time I believe there is a need to add anything to your reef tank is if you can test for it. This prevents those levels from rising out of control and crashing the system. Water changes will do all of this within the necessary ranges and dilute any possible problems.
This brings things back to water changes and possibly moving it to a different location in the tank.

I use my rodi with pro Red Sea salt and I just did my bi weekly wc yesterday which was 30 percent.

1. ditch the essential elements. You get what you need from your water changes. When I was new to the hobby, I was sucked into those magic elixirs too.
2. those corals look just fine. They are simply acting how they would act in a low flow area. Move them out more from the rock where there will be more flow and they will open up more.

1. ditch the essential elements. You get what you need from your water changes. When I was new to the hobby, I was sucked into those magic elixirs too.
2. those corals look just fine. They are simply acting how they would act in a low flow area. Move them out more from the rock where there will be more flow and they will open up more.

When I got them from a store, they looked rlly happy and looked bigger.

Yes, flow and lighting make all the difference in the world. Though with the corals you are currently discussing, flow is a major influence on the extension of their tentacles. Too little, they won't extend. Just right, it'll look 'perfect'. Too much, they'll retract into the skeleton for protection and most likely 'bail out' the heads in an attempt to save the coral.

Yes, flow and lighting make all the difference in the world. Though with the corals you are currently discussing, flow is a major influence on the extension of their tentacles. Too little, they won't extend. Just right, it'll look 'perfect'. Too much, they'll retract into the skeleton for protection and most likely 'bail out' the heads in an attempt to save the coral.

Is there is any way to send you a video?

Back
Top Bottom