Swimming clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daveness123

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey again. I got clownfish the other day first fish in my tank :) since I've I put him in my tank it's done nothing but swim like crazy around it just wondered if its normal behaviour?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390951818.542660.jpg

I'm new to saltwater aquariums, when I got my 2 clownfish they were funny. They would swim crazy too. I have a rimless tank and forgot to close the top and one jumped out in the middle of the night. I have had 2 in my tank now for a month and they calmed Down a bit.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just like their common name implies they're true clowns. I have a pair in my tank and their antics never cease to be amusing. Sounds like normal clown behavior

Ill just give it time then I guess he's getting used to the tank. My lid is shut all the time I was told they where jumpy for £20 I don't fancy him jumping out

Ah that's ok then. He never seems to sleep ether just back and forth all night and day really fast like he's on drugs

Its perfectly normal. my snowflake clown see-saws forward and backward when swimming, and also lies down in the lower back right corner so she can sleep. my yellow-stripe maroon dows nothing but back up in the sand and kick it everywhere. he also likes to try and push the puffer around....using his head to literally push him. its amazing the attitudes and behaviors you see out of these lil fish.

Clownfish is one of the main reasons I setup my tank and the more I hear about the little cheeky things they do make me feel like it was worth all the headache of setting it up and getting everything just right.

I've got an archway of live rock in there. He's probably resting/sleeping in there just I don't notice because I'm sleeping aswell or at work

My 2 clownfish are swimming weird. When they are next to each other they shimmy. I just did a partial water change, I hope I didn't stress them out

They both seem to be doing it , but the smaller one does it more. The bigger one kind of nips at the small one too.

That sounds normal to me. The larger being the female - no one tells you clownfish are also nasty! I feel sorry for my male, she beats him up a bit and doesn't let him in the nem :(

Back
Top Bottom