Taken a Crack At it 1.5 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well yesterday I was looking around After The Lost of my Beloved Chicago Bears off of my mine and I just decided to kick start this 1.5 Mini Nano Reef.... I have know clue what's in store for this to happen I might just make it into a small Refugium tank or a QT but I will take a crack at it and see what can happen in this mini world I will post update from time to time... I know this is a Huge Challenge and I don't think any one has ever done anything this small before but if it works out I might use it for my Daughters Science Project in Janurary.... Wish me luck hope everything turns out ok....:D

You know, if you could somehow link it to your 55g, I bet it could be awesome, and with that water volume you should have no issues with your water parameters.

ive seen this before maybe once or twice online. but i would think it would be hard to do with the little amount of water meaning fast changes in water quality but best of luck to you and linking it to your 55gal is probably better then leaving it just alone.

True about linking it to my 55gallon.... How would I do that though? Oh I also put some Cured rock in there to get and amonnia spike at least but they were good enough piece to fit them in there....

Hmm, that could be tricky actually doing it since it doesn't appear you have a sump on your 55, and I'm not sure how easy it would be to create an overflow on the 1.5.

I'm sure someone here has tried something like this, though.

Hmmm,,, You got me thinking right now.. I might break it down and put some elbow grease into it... You think I could drill thru Arcylic?

Yeah I am going to see if my Father In Law has any small size drill bit for hole shaping he might have a small enough one that would work he does alot of carpenterie.... So he might have what I am looking for... I only would need water flow so I might pick up a small pump to get water flow going thru it... But I will keep you posted on my progress... I just drew a Diagram on how I would want it to look latched onto the tank... :D

OK teacher here - daughter's project? Have fun Dad! Sounds like you will win first prize!

Bears fan too - it was a tough loss.

OK teacher here - daughter's project? Have fun Dad! Sounds like you will win first prize!

Bears fan too - it was a tough loss.

Yeah... I don't even think they even win a Prize they just get graded on it....lol... And Plus I don't even know if it will be to were i want it to be before her Science Fair begins I hope so though....:silly:

Just curious but what is your equipment list and live stocking going to be.

LOL.... I wish I had a list for it right now the only circulation i can get in there is a Bubble Wand.... in this size tank I believe thats all the circulation you could get unless I can find a Micro Size Skimmer.... But right now I was thinking about linking it to my 55 gallon so i can have circulation source as for Live Stock probably just a couple snails and a couple hermits no fish to small.... Mini Nano reef I don't think I would be able to put to much of anything.... Just something I am working on still in progress i just started yesterday...:p

I got a pic

This is it...LOL

img_913575_0_098225c98b13129b328825f9401416c7.jpg

;)

I have a 2.5g mini bow right next to me on my computer desk. I might start a mini reef after Christmas time.

I am still trying to figure out how I can get some Circulation going in the tank There is really not a whole lot of space I might be able to get a Tiny Skimmer if any available or if they make a real skinny one..... or i just design my own....LOL

Just get a small HOB filter. It will have enough power and suction to create a sufficient downward flow. I'm thinking a nice little LED strip will make great lighting for the tank to.

Back
Top Bottom