tampa bay saltwater co.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The type of tiger goby that comes with the live rock only gets 2" long and it is more or less transparent with vertical black lines. they said sometimes people get baby octopus in the rock i was wandering what I should do with it? (The rock is aquacultured in the gulf)

Last edited:
The type of tiger goby that comes with the live rock only gets 2" long and it is more or less transparent with vertical black lines. they said sometimes people get baby octopus in the rock i was wandering what I should do with it? (The rock is aquacultured in the gulf)

You should make sure it's not a tiger watchman goby. Those get scary big. If its just a tiger goby then it's nice and small. Not sure about octopus.

Yeah i just checked and looked at the pic and it's not a tiger watchman and i looked atvthe types of octopuses that may come with it the two that have been with the rock are the dwarf, the vulgaris octopus.

Lots of bad hitch hikers on Florida rock. Mantis shrimp mostly. Lots of different algae too. I was thinking of getting some just for the diversity. It doesn't matter in the sump.
If you are buying the rock to put in an already established tank, I would put it in a observation/curing tank first.

I have a couple of tiger gobies and they are a cool little fish constantly bouncing around through the rockwork.

This is my first sw tank so i wanted rock with alot of stuff in it.
It will definitely have that, but some of those things may not allow you to keep anything else...like a full grown mantis shrimp or even the afore mentioned octopus. They will kill and eat everything else you put in the tank.

I have also heard that rock is very dense and heavy. Not your best $ per pound. I like open, porous rock, with lots of holes and shape.

If i got anything bad i am going to sell or kill it and i really only want the stuff that comes with it i meen petco jas cheaper live rock its like $4.16 a pound including tax (in florida)

Back
Top Bottom