Tank Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jimbo- yeah the lemon tree is doing quite well. I looked today and it seems like it is sprouting sever new branches which would be nice since it hasn't been in the tank that long. yeah it was elephant that got stuck. he may have just died i'm not really sure. he was one monster of a turbo snail.

Mr86mister - yeah i was pretty bummer about the jawfish i really liked him. I was actually considering putting a yellow goby in the tank before the jawfish but the ones at the LFS looked kinda sad and didn't have very good colors. Maybe one day if i come across a nice bright healthy looking one i'll try and put one in there. Until now i'll stick with the coral and clowns all of which seem to be happy and healthy.

So now that i'm home i was able to play around with my dads camera which is much better then mine. heres what i got.
img_866863_0_233c5425010a264225471289b57ecb5e.jpg

img_866863_1_7d21c0f49a66fc55224f5ecffde7e3b8.jpg

img_866863_2_288f5c25f9de5ae7c30384fae3741d18.jpg

img_866863_3_8fc2b7de17779e6aac873fbd4df9e6d2.jpg

img_866863_4_3afe0eba45686400f4550bbc0c4b3304.jpg

thanks i thought they turned out cool looking. just need more corals to take pictures of now.

I had to get rid of one of my clown fish because they weren't getting along. I waited for a long time to see if it was just part of the process of them pairing up but it was starting to get worse and i had to pull one before the smaller guy started getting hurt. The good news is that i got a green clown goby recently. He is still being very shy and getting used to his new home but when i can i will post some pictures of him.

Ok well its been a long time since i've updated my thread. I still have not gotten a good picture of my green clown goby. I think he is actually scared of my camera for some reason. I'll get one sooner or later. In the mean time here are a few new corals i've picked up and a new full tank shot.

img_891025_0_86228aaf1420cccd965c81343bbc4986.jpg

Green monti that gets a nice purple rim on it. Don't think i have enough light to really bring out the best colors and growth but its been hanging in there for a while now. Just have to get a new tank for this one : )

img_891025_1_a5422c97623640fa0bc40cf8d1fb12f1.jpg

Blue clove polyp of some kind. don't have any more info on it but i like the color it brings to the tank. Of coarse it grows like wild fire in my brothers tank instead of mine.

img_891025_2_557adacab7c3fc6affed00be6b1bcce3.jpg

New mix of zoas.

img_891025_3_db19a97de289192d88759ec0702beccc.jpg

Sun coral. Took me a while to get this piece healthy again. Was starved and fragged in the LFS. Just starting to get some new growth on it lately. One of my favorites though. Not completely open in this picture but its tuff to get one like that because it usually opens up best after lights out. I'll get a picture after i feed it one of these days.

img_891025_4_0d5ba6cbee541c8bbd31444c05e53a0d.jpg

And finally the full tank shot.

I actually just picked up a very cool looking metallic red mushroom today but i haven't gotten any pictures of it yet. That will have to come in the next batch. In other news, I will be adding my brothers old sump onto my tank since my mom is going to have to keep an eye on my tank for a couple month while i finish up my last semester in school. Its going to be huge over kill i think its about a 20-25 gallon sump which is almost twice the size of my tank. Kinda silly i know but I don't want my mom to have to worry about the water parameter swings as much and i don't have the room or money to upgrade to size tank i would like (i dream of 90 gallons to play with). I'm going to drop a skimmer in there as well as long as i have the room. Since i won't have to worry as much about my bio load i'm going to try and drop in a small community of wheeler watchman gobys and see how they do. Hopefully the new pump and skimmer will come in the new couple of days and i will take some pictures of that as i go along.

Awesome shots and I really love the way have the scape! Good job.

Thanks. I like the way the tank looks these days. I just have this one rock that keeps shifting around that i need to put some epoxy on.

It's been a long time since i updated this thread. I've made the decision to add two or three wheeler watchman gobies. I'm not sure if i want to go with a pair or three to get like a small community thing going. i was leaning towards two just because i don't want them to run out of room even though i really like the idea of having a possy of wheelers. Opinions? Also, i would like to order them so they get here on Tuesday but i am a little concerned about the cold. They are shipping from California and its going to be around 20 degrees when they get here on tuesday. I would be home to pick them up right away so they won't sit outside or anything but that is still real cold. Think they will be ok? Its from live aquaria and they have always don't a very nice job packing up their fish in a styrofoam cooler pretty much and they would have heat packs. Opinions on this?

took these not long ago. been doing a little work on the tank and fixing up a few thing. Gotta finish cleaning it all up and making it look pretty and i will try to take some new ones in a week or so.

By the way before some one give me a slap on the hand. I have a huge (for my tank anyway 20g) sump plumbed in with a fuge and a skimmer rated for like 70g so adding either two or three fish will not effect my water quality at all. Its just a matter of space and i'm not sure how much wheelers need. I will also be transfering everything over to my new 180 hopefully in a few months.

no but i know how it works, they send them overnight with a bunch of heat packs, more or less depending on your local temps.

Yeah liveaquaria.com does a nice job of packing them up and putting heat packs in there but i didn't know how they did since its only been in the teens around where i live. Just not sure if that's just to cold.

Back
Top Bottom