tank surface cleaning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CCMA

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello All,
My tank has been up and running without any major issues for a few months now but I had a question about cleaning the sides of the tank. As the tank is acrlyic on the sides and not glass the local fish store I use recommended I not use a magnet to clean the sides of corraline algae as it could scratch the surface, any alternate suggestions? Thanks.

Or you can use a new toothbrush, depending on how small your tank is.

thanks

Thanks guys I will try the toothbrush and if that doesn't work I will spring for the magnet.

I just bought a little plastic scraper and stick my hand in there. A toothbrush doesn't always take off my coraline so i have to take the scraper to it and it hasn't scratched it yet

That reminds of an old trick. Use one of those unsolicted credit cards that comes in the mail that's never been used. It makes a great algae scraper.

That reminds of an old trick. Use one of those unsolicted credit cards that comes in the mail that's never been used. It makes a great algae scraper.
I love it! Recycle the junk mail! :)
I like to use the old AOL CDs as coasters or decorate them with foam pieces to make funny animals.

I don't have an acrylic tank, but I love the mag floats. I have one for my 2.5g that is designed specifically for acrylic though. It works on the glass too. It's kinda fun to freak out the guppies by swishing it around on the glass.

Back
Top Bottom