ten gallon update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks! the only thing is that he is kinda having an issue right now.... when I bought him, he was so open that I couldn't see that his flesh was receding up the center stalk. further inspection shows that there are a couple other spots where you can see the skeleton.... he cost me ninety bucks. I would really like to save him haha. I have been monitoring and although he isn't quite fully open, his colors are good and he is eating.... the spots definitely haven't gotten any better, and I don't think they have gotten worse, but it is hard to tell... what do I do? I want my coral healthy haha!

parameters: .25 ammonia 0 nitrites 5 nitrates ph 8.3.

Attachments

• image-1981444731.jpg
    image-1981444731.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 174
calcium is 430...I just moved them up a little and it's fully open now. should I feed with some mysis to try to help with regeneration or leave it?

with a diet of mysis shrimp, most of the degeneration has stopped. I didn't lose any heads, and I am optimistic that the coral should recover completely soon. my orange zoas have nearly tripled in size! :) everything seems happy now

Chemi pure will not remove phosphates but it is a very good carbon. Chemi pure elite has an addition of gfo ( granular ferric oxide ) for phosphate removal. Rinse well but don't apply pressure and change out every 4-6 months. HTH, good luck in college!

thanks! I will grab some of the elite stuff. I got more live rock, here's how it looks today:
now all I need is more coral. I am struggling with calcium levels however, so I need to get that to stabilize first. any tips? my alkalinity is at 8 right now. I am using purple up to try to raise the calcium again because it crashed a few days ago, but I can't really tell if it's making a big
difference. just like 10 ppm at a time. calcium is at 280 right now, and I am trying not to have a heart attack over it haha.

Attachments

• image-49687987.jpg
    image-49687987.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 173
thanks! got it under control. 380 now, will be even better tomorrow when I retreat. whew, no harm done! when I started adding the supplement suddenly everything started molting. I woke up to two hermit crab molts and a ceramic crab molt. the ceramic crab scared me because I saw it and was like crap I killed him with my calcium additions. but then I found him in his usual hiding spot and realized what happened haha

calcium sitting at 420 happily, got some new additions check em out! the mushroom keeps getting bugged by one of my snails so he's a little closed up but hopefully he will get left alone soon :)

Attachments

• image-1508849110.jpg
    image-1508849110.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 105
  • image-1832642457.jpg
    image-1832642457.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 99
  • image-841541881.jpg
    image-841541881.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 89
The nice thing about a 10 gallon is you get a few corals and it looks full. The cleaner shrimp looks really nice. It's looking really nice. It would look so much better without the heater being so obvious.

thanks! got it under control. 380 now, will be even better tomorrow when I retreat. whew, no harm done! when I started adding the supplement suddenly everything started molting. I woke up to two hermit crab molts and a ceramic crab molt. the ceramic crab scared me because I saw it and was like crap I killed him with my calcium additions. but then I found him in his usual hiding spot and realized what happened haha

Mini heart attack. Quick question, after they. Molt do you remove the old skin or do they eat it?

Back
Top Bottom