Test kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fird

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does it really matter if I get an expensive test kit or a cheap one?, dont they serve the same purpose and wouldn't the conclusions be the same?

Better quality better results. My salifert nitrate test goes down to 1.0 rather than guessing at 10 or 20 lol. My KH test by api i just don't understand but the salifert one works for me.

Just my opinion....

I've spent $836 on my biocube and I just put rocks in it so I was hoping I could go cheap on the test kit :(

Well I'm reading the reviews on the api and the only complaint is about the tubes it comes with

i use the api saltwater master test kit i havent had any problems with it

When you start cycling it is a good idea to check daily. After the cycle for the first couple of months at least weekly. I test mine at least once a month now, If one of the fish act weird or coral isn't acting right then I test.

I use API and haven't had a problem with it. The calcium test takes a little getting use to but the only reason I use that is I have SPS. Don't dose anything you don't have a test for.

Back
Top Bottom