Tetra 1.5G Glofish Tank for corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FriCKeNbuBbLEs

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey, I'm sorry if this is a stoopid question and I understand if I get ridiculed for this, but I have a 1.5 gal Tetra Glofish aquarium. I was wondering if anyone knows if I could grow some soft corals under it. It comes with 9 bright blue leds on a lamp above it. I don't have any pictures of it (yet) but there are some videos and pictures on line. It would be like a mini coral garden. If I posted this in the wrong place please let me know. Thank you greatly for any advice!

No, those stock LED's aren't going to be sufficient for coral. You can, however, buy higher power clip-on LED's that will do the trick.

Ok, cool! I didn't think it would work but I wanted to make sure. Thank you so much for the advice. I might just turn those stock LEDs into a moonlight for my 26 gal bowfront fowlr and MAYBE use the 1.5g for a Betta tank. I don't think it's right to keep Glofish (danios, not even Bettas for that matter) in a 1.5g tank. Again, thanks!

Ok, just a follow up on my post. I turned the LEDs into a moonlight for my 26 gal. bowfront FOWLR. The first picture is my initial test run (you can see the spotlight effect of the LEDs, which I hated). So I diffused the LEDs and spread out the viewing angle of them by using sandpaper. The second picture is the final product. The LEDs create a ripple effect which you can see on the top of my back wall. Took a total of 30 minutes.

Attachments

• IMAG0367.jpg
    IMAG0367.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 112
  • IMAG0376.jpg
    IMAG0376.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 132
Back
Top Bottom