TINY tanks!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishstixs05

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was disgusted the other day when I walked into a Klamoth Falls, OR fish store. They were selling 1/2 gallon saltwater tanks, with a tomato clown and a ANEMONE!!! The lady said they had sold several dozen of the setup. This was disturbing to me, the clown had no room at all! I have seen these at other stores, with neon gobies and coral frags, but never with an anemone. That is just plain wrong. I realize these are popular for a person w/ a desk job with not much space, but dont people get it that fish ned room?

Jeez, I feel bad with my 2 clowns in my 20 gal., I've never seen those set ups but thats awful! Whats with the betta bowls too, you can't tell me they're happy!

Anyone not informed enough to actually buy a setup that small will not even know (or care) to do water changes. I agree...we're going to lose many more beautiful fish from this. :cry:

LFS should take some responsibility in educating new people to the hobby but a lot of the LFS just care about the $$$ only

$$$ scheme..... but as for the betta's... they are like that in nature... im sure they could coax a clown into living for a month maybe... but that anenome is toast and thats sad cuz that thing could be like 50 years old already

What about heat, and lighting? That there would keep me from buying!

They had a 7 watt light that heated the ank too, but what about at night? The strange thing was, the owner of the store was very smart when it came to fish. I just dont get why they do it.

Back
Top Bottom