Tips on moving?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacobsal91

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Have to rearrange some stuff in my
Room including my
Nano reef. Was thinking of removing half the water and removing the fish, keeping inverts and live rock and sand inside, and just carefully sliding the stand its on to another portion of the room. Then refilling it with new RO water ad basically a waterchange. Any thoughts
Or better ideas?

How big is the tank as long as the rocks are sturdy so they won't fall when moving and not crush any thing, sounds like an easy move

12 gallons, I feel its easy but imnot sure if disturbing the
Tank even for a short while would do any damage or anything

I would maybe take out all live stock get everything set up in the new tank let everything settle sand debre what ever then put them back in

Regaurdless i was going to remove the fish and crabs, i just have a handful of polyps on live rock that i really dont feel like moving around. I think if im careful i can get 2 people to gently slide it to where it needs to go, After removing fish and draining half of the water. And also, this is a little off topic but i dont want to make a lot of threads, but i was thinking of ditching my sponge and bioballs because of the waste that thay hold my nitrates are bouncing up and down. Was thinking of putting live rock in my overflow, but can i just put live sand in there? If i put the sand in a filter bag/sock? Or would the rock just be better?

Not to sure I have a 12 gallon and all I have is a HOB filter and change out my filtration more often so you don't have that nitrate problem and keep up on my water changes and everything seems to be going fine.

I moved my 24 just like you said but left the fish in they had no problems just trained it half way and slid

Back
Top Bottom