Too fast!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bth

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I do think I jumped into this reeding thing way to fast I set up the tank but I wasn't a prepared as I thought everything is fine but I think jumped in too fast should I take down the tank or no?

Bth said:
I do think I jumped into this reeding thing way to fast I set up the tank but I wasn't a prepared as I thought everything is fine but I think jumped in too fast should I take down the tank or no?

Reefing***

Salt water aquaria isnt really something you want to take a crash course in. Without the help of this forum id probably recomend taking it down but instead of that you can use everyones experience to helpp you through your over eagerness .

How about you post some stats ( tank size, equiptment, live rock (number of lbs), current stock , how long has the tank been up, ect) and we will see what we can do for you

Brad.Sedore said:
Salt water aquaria isnt really something you want to take a crash course in. Without the help of this forum id probably recomend taking it down but instead of that you can use everyones experience to helpp you through your over eagerness .

How about you post some stats ( tank size, equiptment, live rock (number of lbs), current stock , how long has the tank been up, ect) and we will see what we can do for you

Aha sorry I was on my friends account
I have about 3 lb of LR in my tank but I just ordered 15 lb of pre cured dry base rock for my 10 g everything is going well so far I have a 5-15 HOB filter that I'm upgrading a 550 power head and a heater that I don't know wattage for , and 2 50/50 10 watt compact lights that im upgrading. I'm hoping to get a ocellaris clown and a fire fish.
Ammo= 2.5ppm
pH= 8.0 and I'll test for nitrates and nitrites and post

try getting a few more pounds of live rock to help seed that base rock. As for the lighting, you pan on having corals? if not then those lights are fine for the fish but by all means if you have the money upgrade. looks ke your starting your cycle, hold off on any livestock until your ammonia and nitrites are 0 and your niate is low. buy an api test kit for saltwater (canfind them in almost every petstore,got mine at petco) if you dont have one and test every 3ish days.

edt: just noticed you said you were goona test for trates and trites so ignore my test kit rant. post up some numbers when you get em

Okay I researched alot I knew most all you Said I just think I didn't read as much as possible in the month I did but I suppose I'm off to an " okay" start

Well I was surprised today to find that my 15 lb of LR came within 2 days of free shipping Marco rocks are good :)

C:\Users\tazz0881\Pictures\REEF.jpg

Here is the new aquascape I did.

Well today someone threw a xylophone mallet at me and busted open my eyelid but after the emergency room I went to my LFS and did some pricing.... Way over priced on a few things and the odor was bad DX so it's off to the other nearest LFS an hour away...

You are off to a good start. Just don't add any chemicals such as bacteria in a bottle or any other things your LFS may recommend unless you check here first. Add your first choice of the either the clown or firefish first, then watch the parameters for a month or so and let the tank restabilze, then add the second if ammonia and nitrite are still 0. Keep in mind that tank is small and things can go south pretty fast, so just keep up on the water changes. Most importantly, have fun!

Back
Top Bottom