Took the plunge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggy953

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I did it. I took my little 5gal and turned it into a nano. I'm using the HOB filter as a fuge of sorts. It's got rubble and sand in it with some Macro also. Primary filtration is my 75gal reef though as this is what feeds it too. I'm thinking it's going to be a Zoo tank for the most part as I've moved all my Zoo frags to this tank. They seem to be quite happy and multiplying in the 2 weeks they've been in it. Of course I think the fact that my Velvet damsel isn't nipping them anymore has helped! I'll post some pics in the next few days. I have to find the software for my cam (computer crashed!) Lighting is 20watts 50/50 CFs they really bring out those colors! I'll get those pics out so you guys can tell me what you think!

Ziggy953 said:
Primary filtration is my 75gal reef though as this is what feeds it too.

Correct me if I am wrong, but technically doesn't this make the 5g nano a fuge for the 75g reef? :wink:

So in reality you have a 5g fuge with a HOB fuge. :lol:

Either way it sounds like fun, and proabably better chance of success than a straight 5g setup.

Get those pics up.

Good Luck,

If I could find the software for that cam I would have them!

Correct me if I am wrong, but technically doesn't this make the 5g nano a fuge for the 75g reef?

No it's not a fuge for the 75. I use the 75 to filter the 5g. When I do water changes most of the water that is put back in the Nano comes from the 75.

You have a light over the fuge, correct?

Yep there is light over the fuge as well!

I may have to go the old fashioned route and have film developed and scan the pics into the computer.

Good deal ziggy man. It's great sector you're getting involved in. As a friendly suggestion, go to www.nanoreef.com and there's a link there called Fosi's aquarium. It is EXTREMELY well written up to date with pics, and loaded with wondeful hints and advice.

Ziggy953 said:
No it's not a fuge for the 75. I use the 75 to filter the 5g. When I do water changes most of the water that is put back in the Nano comes from the 75.

Ok so the 75g is a fuge for the 5g, even better. :p

Good luck,

I've got a pic to upload I hope this works...It's not the greatest quality, I still haven't got my computer back together from the crash and the software for my cam is no where to be found....

Attachments

• nano06._174.jpg
    nano06._174.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 72
Thanks!! I've tanken more pics with my 35mm, after I have that film developed I'll scan them and upload a few more pics.

I agree about the LR, I have several more peices to put in the tank they are in my fuge for the 75. I just haven't done it yet.

Gonna post new pics of the nano

Here are the updated pics of the Nano. It's starting to look good. Well at least I think it does.

Attachments

• nano1_791.jpg
    nano1_791.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 37
  • nano2_142.jpg
    nano2_142.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 32
  • nano3_183.jpg
    nano3_183.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 33
  • nano4_198.jpg
    nano4_198.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 36
  • nano5_919.jpg
    nano5_919.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 31
  • nano6_152.jpg
    nano6_152.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 39
What does fts mean?

Here are a few more pics of the Nano.

Attachments

• nano7_125.jpg
    nano7_125.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 34
  • nano8_203.jpg
    nano8_203.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 42
  • nano9_208.jpg
    nano9_208.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 26
Thanks...When I posted the first set of pics I didn't realize there was a limit of 6 per post or I would have had the "FTS" up on the first go-round.

Thanks everyone!!! If I could upload more pics I would but I have reached my limit here. I have added a few more frags since these pics were tanken and plan on a couple more this weekend... I'm gonna try and get the pics hosted on another site and link to them here so you can see.. Again thanks for the kind words!!! I have to post more pics of my 72g bowfront too... I moved it over the weekend and it looks awesome (IMO). Anyway...thanks again!!

to upload more pics just go to www.photobucket.com . u can upload as many pics as u want and there is a link for each picture that u can post on this site to make them show up. very easy and free. now there is no excuse for no more pictures lol

Back
Top Bottom