tube anemone or carpet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacobsal91

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Im still stuck on what kind of nem i wa t, thought of condy decided against it. Went to the shop and found a beautiful tube nem and another stunning carpet, not sure what to get, have a small fairy wrasse and some yellow colony polyps if that makes a difference. In a 12 gal nanoreef. And how painful is a stong from either of those out of curiosity? Lol

I have an extremely large carpet and a very large rose bta. Lemme tell u a little about them . . . . The rose - doesn't move around, doesnt eat my gobies, and doesn't knock things over. . . The carpet is the exact opposite. Has eaten 3 gobies, knocks corals over, and will stay still for a few weeks then move, over and over again. . . Both of them can sting fish but you will not feel anything if you touch them. I cannot speak about the tube anenome. . . Have never had one. I only hear that they can get pretty big and can take over a significant section of your tank. I would personally go with a bta for a cube.

Ive never owned an anemone begfore they sound really risky to keep, I really like carpets might need a bigger tank first. Haha.

The main question was if they can hurt people because when i go on vacation i have a member of the family come by to feed everyone and i dont need anyone getting hurt. Lol
Ill have to see ifnthe shop has anything that would fit my needs a little better than those two, i realllllly want that tube nem its bright purple so beautiful :p

Back
Top Bottom