Two fishies together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jogging_kim

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I really want to do a small reef like 3 gallons soon, but I don't know about fish. I really like DingusPleases aquarium with a clown goby, but I also want a two spot bimaculatus blenny. I saw a tank like that with those fish, except with a yellow clown goby at my lfs. Would this combo work out? If I did lots of water changes and stuff like that? Thanks

I wouldn't put any fish in a tank that size. Let alone two, if you must have one just get a clown goby

I wouldn't put any fish in a tank that size. Let alone two, if you must have one just get a clown goby

I am going to agree but I wouldn't even suggest a clown goby. It's just too small of a tank. Go with some inverts instead and it'll be just as nice

Thank you for everyone's replies. What about the people who keep two fishes in the 3 gallon aquariums? It seems like they work really well. I trust you all, and I will not put any fish in danger if that is what you say. I am just asking if one day I could keep two fish like this in one tank. My LFS said to me that the blenny produces very little bio load, less than the goby.

No, you can't put two fish in that tank. Many LFS lie to get a sale. They fish at the LFS are in the tanks for very short periods of time. They can also be very stressed from all the moving and shipping to the LFS. In such a small, like they are held in most LFS, they don't have room to swim.

Oh. Ok. I think if I set up a tank I might choose the blenny, can anyone please give me anymore info on the blenny? I don't know much about it. What does it eat? Does it move much? How big does it get?

No fish in a 3g. It's just a bad idea.

Why don't you upgrade to a 10 gallon instead? That will open up quite a few fish species for you to safely house.

Hi there,

I don't know much about Blennies, but I agree with everyone here that two fish would definitely be too much for a tank this size. I can tell you that just one fish makes keeping a 3g hard enough lol.

Ok. I will not get any fish if I start a pico. Sounds like it wouldn't be a very good idea... Thanks everyone for helping me make the decision!

I'm not sure why you guys keep mentioning a clown goby. It's cut and dry, a 3g is no place to put a salt water fish no matter what type.

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Clown Goby, Yellow

10 gallon minimum.

I completely understand what you mean, and I def am not trying to argue. Im just saying that I have a tank with a small green clown goby (I understand he will grow, and if/when he gets too big) he will go straight to my friend's 14g biocube.) I certainly do not recommend a fish for everyone with a 3G, as the maintenance is a lot extra, but if you do it right it's really rewarding :).

Not trying to say its great for everyone, but I really love my goby and he is always active (I refrain from using the word happy bc I know you can't tell, but oftentimes he seems like it! :) )

Back
Top Bottom