Unknown "things"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a saltwater for a couple years prior and was told to let the rock sit a while and then add fish. I have had a freshwater tank for six months with ghost shrimp and some glo fish

Your informer was not giving you the whole picture, or a very accurate one. The cycling process is very important, and can cause serious problems later on if not completed properly. Just letting the rock "sit" is not enough, especially in SW where the requirements of your livestock are very strict and don't tolerate stress as well.

***Please read my above post for more info on cycling, you'll be glad you cycled thoroughly when you have a happy, stable tank later on :)

I know I sound stupid but at least I haven't put fish and coral in. I can pick up more things if needed to get this going. Dead shrimp doesn't sound appealing as I do not eat meat so I don't think I'm going to the store for shrimp lol

I know I sound stupid but at least I haven't put fish and coral in. I can pick up more things if needed to get this going. Dead shrimp doesn't sound appealing as I do not eat meat so I don't think I'm going to the store for shrimp lol

You don't sound stupid at all! Everyone makes mistakes, and it can be useful to let others help you along the way. Nothing good happens fast in this hobby and it's good you came to AA for advice before adding any fish.

Adding pure ammonia is a cheap and easy solution. Things you will need:

- Small bottle of pure, un scented ammonia from hardware store.
- Eye dropper
- Ammonia test kit

All you have it do is add ammonia drop by drop until you have 5 ppm ammonia reading on your test kit.

Is that green color okay? Also, I think that she'll might have closed so I wonder if something is lurking in it. I just thought it was an old part of the rock so I guess I will find out

Back
Top Bottom