Unusual critters for a 10 gal nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gubernaculum86

Aquarium Advice Freak
My g/f just upgraded from a 10 gal to a 29 gal and gave me the 10. I really want to make a nano reef eventually, by the end of the yr. But I want something that everyone's gonna look at and say "whoa".
Everyone's got clown gobies or blennies or firefish etc and inverts, like sexy shrimp or fire shrimp. And while I like these and will probably add some. I want something weird and unusual. I want something most people have never seen before.
So I figured what place other than AA has more weird and unusual people that could help me out, I mean that in a good way lol.

So any ideas??

is that tank big enough for a long nose decorater crab?if so,ive read a bit about them and they sound really cool. apparently they will cut tentancles from coral/anenomes,hair algae,etc and put them on there noses(correct me if im wrong)

Looks like the longnose decorators can get about 6" including legs which could be pushing it in size. Although they are pretty freakin' cool. Harlequin shrimp are pretty unique too, would be a pain in the behind to feed though.

Both great suggestions, I found these guys in liveaquaria. Thought they were pretty neat looking. Especially the white ones.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+506+2913&pcatid=2913

Oh or maybe an entire tank of Christmas tree worms! That would look awesome. I think I would be too tempted to keep sticking my hand in and waving it back and forth to watch them zip back into their tubes.

It's not a critter but 1 of those air operated treasure chests would be cool and unusual. lol

not exactly unusual creatures,but how about just a cuc? you dont see that very often

I keep coming back to those squat lobsters too. They are reef safe too. Im still waiting for someone to say suggest something that will blow my mind.

Back
Top Bottom