Up date on 30g reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frogspawn

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey guys,
its been a few months since i have posted, and my last post stated i was going to give my tank time to mature and age some. Well its been about 3 months i belive, and i think my tank has been doing quite well. I just went back to collage this summer, so my time with my tank has been reduced to half the time i was able to spend with it before!
A while ago i purchased a few nano coral packs from drfostersmith.com; in these packs i recived 7 types of mushrooms and 6 types of polyps. i placed all these shrooms and polyps in my tank and now i think i might have a problem. all i see any more are these shrooms and polyps. is it possible for these guys to take over the entire tank? if so how can i render this problem.
as for my acro coral! it did die. it turned all white and i did not see it living much longer. so i took it out of my tank and dryed it out to place on my shelf above my tank. for those of you that remember my clown fish fighting; well i think my larger clown might have through my small clown out of the tank and he died. so i am still left with just 1 O.Clown. boy is he getting big! as for my snail's i think their rabbits really because i see many smaller snails crawling all over my glass with no shell to help protect them!
and i have have a question about sail poop. well, what i think is poop anyway! i am seeing tracers where ever i see my sails go. i dont know how to explain it much better, i guess it could be allege, but i cant scrape it off unless i push very hard. it wont come off with my magnet cleaner either. i have to get my long brush and take it off manually.

could be i guess! but some have got bigger and they have little tenticals and move around also. they look werid b/c they dont have shells. kinda look like a slug leached to the side of the tank! lol
i went out to the fish store today and seen they got my sixline walruss in! yay!! but i asked them to feed it and he didnt want to eat. plus he was very flickery once ina while he would move quick. just didnt seem right to me! so i will suck it up and buy it off line were i know atleast their healthy! cost more but it easys my mind a little.

that and i also wanted to add a few things about my refuge. i dont haver alot of LR in my refuge. and only have about 3 snails and hermits back there. but i just wanted to say i have ALOT of dust looking stuff in my refuge. i dont know what it is. i will try to get a picture of it but i dont know how well it will come out! any ideas what it could be?

Back
Top Bottom