Updated pic of my innovative marine nuvo 8g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well here it is. A few new corals but other then that, not much going on. A 8 gallon is proving tougher then I thought as far as corals and placement, I'm trying hard to get my vision out into my little 8g.

Input/advice/opinions all welcome!

:)

The Con

image-3023024478.jpg

Oh and I actually want the back to turn colors. Hopefully some Coraline algae anything but white lol.

Huffers said:
Have you had any problems with undesirable algae?

Nothing yet but I do clean the glass everyday and top off every night at 7pm. All is good so far.

I'm loving it but I want more corals! I wanna pack that thing!

Looks good sir.

My only suggestion has to do with the Xenia. I like it but it is sorta blocking my view of the rest of the middle portion.

And you said you didnt like the plain back wall...so...

Lets kill 2 birds! Glue the Xenia to that back wall!

You wanted a coralline wall...just cut out the "line" at the end and thats what you'll have! Lol!!:D

Its ok if you dont want to though, it is an odd thing to try.

Gboy66 said:
Looks good sir.

My only suggestion has to do with the Xenia. I like it but it is sorta blocking my view of the rest of the middle portion.

And you said you didnt like the plain back wall...so..

Lets kill 2 birds! Glue the Xenia to that back wall!

You wanted a coralline wall...just cut out the "line" and the end and thats what you'll have! Lol!!:D

Its ok if you dont want to though, it is an odd thing

Ok ok I like this. So... Glue the rock and everything where on the wall? I'm listening lol.

Looks great convict! I love these pico reefs but I just couldn't do it myself... I would just end up cramming it full til there's like 2-3 gallons of actual water in the tank haha.. and I'm still waiting for the day to see a new, bigger build thread on here from you. Maybe a 75? :)

OR!! Even better...... Get a little GSP..... Put it on the wall..... And that would be dope.

BTW... This tank I've been using Petcos saltwater. And storing it for about 2 months. Seems to be working. I just pour what I need I to a bucket and run a power head for a few hours and temp match.

Convict2161 said:
Ok ok I like this. So... Glue the rock and everything where on the wall? I'm listening lol.

Thats what im thinkin'! Since you have a big piece, maybe even split the thing up and glue different parts to different areas on the back wall!

And when the xenia grows all over that glass, it will be simple to scrape some off.

I agree with the xenia. That's been my plan for my spray bar and pulsing xenia. Gone from one stalk to about 8-10 :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120915_230527.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120915_230527.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 81
  • ForumRunner_20120915_230557.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120915_230557.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 72
Gboy66 said:
Thats what im thinkin'! Since you have a big piece, maybe even split the thing up and glue different parts to different areas on the back wall!

And when the xenia grows all over that glass, it will be simple to scrape some off.

I like the idea. I will play around with it tomorrow.
Thanks for the idea! I'd like to get some GSP in there somewhere

Horvy19 said:
Awesome!!

Thank you!

Mrc8858 said:
I agree with the xenia. That's been my plan for my spray bar and pulsing xenia. Gone from one stalk to about 8-10 :)

Now did you just glue the plug to the wall? Or did you glue just the bare stalk straight to the wall? Just wondering because i will be geting some metallic blue xenia tomorrow and might try this out too and be part of the club lol

Happy i could help Con

I glued the rock its on (size of an olive) straight to the spray bar. From what I understand though you can glue the foot of the stalk to the glass I'm pretty sure.

Back
Top Bottom