Want to start a nano, need advice on setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

couplescaddy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm moving away from home to Santa Monica and am looking to start a new tank as my parents have grown to like the one i set up in our family room. i'm going to sell my tank to them so i can buy a new one. the old one is freshwater and i think i've pretty much got that one under control - freshwater experience i mean. i want to start a reef tank and i was thinking about a 24 gallon aqua pod. i was looking at the 24 gallon only because every previous tank i've ever started i've always wished i had gone bigger. i was at my lfs today at lunch and the one thing i've noticed is that if you get a big tank you have to fill it with expensive stuff or it'll look bare. i dont have that large of a budget but i would like something that is entertaining and beautiful. i want a reef but i dont think i can afford completing a 24 gallon tank. i'm not thinking about the 12 gallon but dont know if i will once again be sorry i didn't get the 24. i also was thinking about maybe a seahorse, and i know you can't have them in with too many coral. could i just put a bunch of rock in a 24 with a few coral spread out with a seahorse? or is that bad news for a 90 dollar seahorse? any help is appreciated, thanks!

If you go with the seahorse you`ll need to have rock and coral that the seahorses can rap their tails around. I dont have them anymore. It was just plain too difficult to keep them alive. You can see what type rock I had that was seahorse friendly. If this is your first SW venture I would think about doing that later as you get use to SW with fish. JMO

Attachments

• 100_0445_151.jpg
    100_0445_151.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_0476_179.jpg
    100_0476_179.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 39
Back
Top Bottom