Was bored. Heres my tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
needmorecowbell said:
Lol that's awesome. Has it freaked the fish out at all? I've heard some people have problems with that.

Sorry didn't see this. I haven't ha any issues. I've watched them and I know it's been debated on other forums about the setting. It freaked me out when it did it at night and forgot I had the setting lol. Thought my tank was arching.

Convict2161 said:
Sorry didn't see this. I haven't ha any issues. I've watched them and I know it's been debated on other forums about the setting. It freaked me out when it did it at night and forgot I had the setting lol. Thought my tank was arching.

That is AWESOME!

Convict2161 said:

That is really awesome! Lol

That is really cool! In the video, it looked like you slimer was about to break the surface. That is one of my big objectives in my tank. Onces the touch the Surface the grow out instead of up.

That cichlid tank is nice! I used to have one but I didn't know much about caring for it. It was a malawi based tank. I had an electric yellow cichlid and a few others but I forget the name of them, auratus was the end of the scientific name. How long has it been up?

If it makes you feel any better, I know that I have the tstorms on my radions and have been waiting for it. So last night I'm sitting at my computer and I think it goes off...nope, just a real tstorm.

needmorecowbell said:
That is really cool! In the video, it looked like you slimer was about to break the surface. That is one of my big objectives in my tank. Onces the touch the Surface the grow out instead of up.

That cichlid tank is nice! I used to have one but I didn't know much about caring for it. It was a malawi based tank. I had an electric yellow cichlid and a few others but I forget the name of them, auratus was the end of the scientific name. How long has it been up?

The saltwater tank has been up since January. The Cichlid tank I'm gonna say November.

Sniperhank said:
If it makes you feel any better, I know that I have the tstorms on my radions and have been waiting for it. So last night I'm sitting at my computer and I think it goes off...nope, just a real tstorm.

LoL that does make me feel better. I think most I my storms happen either when I'm passed out or working. But it's a really cool feature.

needmorecowbell said:
That's crazy, most tanks that look like that have been up for a year or more.

Well thanks again! I hope it continues to thrive! I do my best to keep everything in check. I think someone posted in this thread that I may not need to do TWO 5 gallon water changes a week? Only ONE 5 gallon water change. That would be great of that were the case. Any clarification on that?

Convict2161 said:
Well thanks again! I hope it continues to thrive! I do my best to keep everything in check. I think someone posted in this thread that I may not need to do TWO 5 gallon water changes a week? Only ONE 5 gallon water change. That would be great of that were the case. Any clarification on that?

I only do 1 every two weeks. You can just do 1 if your levels are great. Ive been getting all 0's so thats why

Gboy66 said:
I only do 1 every two weeks. You can just do 1 if your levels are great. Ive been getting all 0's so thats why

Well I guess only one way to tell. Skip next weeks water change and keep testing until Friday and see what my levels are before the water change.

Only issue I've faced is phosphates. I believe I have it under control now. Been testing regularly and it's just under the zero so it's a very very very light hint of green. Almost to the point where it just looks like tank water honestly. Not sure if that's good or of it should read yellow.

I do one once a week. If your having problems with phosphate, think about getting a phosban reactor. The 2 little fishies one is relatively cheap at 30$ and it works great. I think there is one that comes with some Gfo also.

needmorecowbell said:
I do one once a week. If your having problems with phosphate, think about getting a phosban reactor. The 2 little fishies one is relatively cheap at 30$ and it works great. I think there is one that comes with some Gfo also.

I "think" I have it under control however I did look at that unit. Where would it go? I have the stock hood. Chamber 3? Chamber 2 in the Tunze 9002 and the inTank media rack. Chamber 1 is elite and the heater.

Convict, looks really amazing, like one I would want to make/keep. I love, love love how that looks.

Many years ago my husband and I would go to a Del Taco, fast food chain store, (franchise), near where we lived and they had a big gorgeous SW tank with so much going on that it looked like the whole pile of rocks was alive, with little fish and creatures everywhere, I always sat at the table next to it, one table on each side of it, and I have loved them ever since.

Convict2161 said:
I "think" I have it under control however I did look at that unit. Where would it go? I have the stock hood. Chamber 3? Chamber 2 in the Tunze 9002 and the inTank media rack. Chamber 1 is elite and the heater.

The base would have to either be in your stand or hanging. It needs a small pump and with a little vinyl tubing you could have it in your stand. They just toss around the media in it. It doesnt have to use Gfo in it, it could be carbon, Purigen, chemipure, etc.

Back
Top Bottom