Watchman goby dead :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say that it depends in part on your plans as far as stocking, but generally speaking introducing a watchman late in the game doesn't cause any real issues. They are very nonaggressive and since they mostly sit down on the sandbed, they seldom have any conflicts with other fish.

Yep with that stock list you should be fine adding the others first and then the watchman. I'd start with the oscellaris, as they are usually quite small when you purchase them, then do the watchman, and then add the grama last. IME, the grama will generally be the most aggressive fish, although the oscellaris can also get pretty territorial once they get bigger and have an established territory.

Wy Renegade said:
Yep with that stock list you should be fine adding the others first and then the watchman. I'd start with the oscellaris, as they are usually quite small when you purchase them, then do the watchman, and then add the grama last. IME, the grama will generally be the most aggressive fish, although the oscellaris can also get pretty territorial once they get bigger and have an established territory.

Ok cool. So add the oscellaris first? That would be nice cuz I love clowns but always thought I should add them last since they're territorial

Ok cool. So add the oscellaris first? That would be nice cuz I love clowns but always thought I should add them last since they're territorial

How big is your nano? I'm not real familiar with nanos, so it may be more of an issue in smaller tanks? Maybe start another thread on stocking order and see what others think. Or maybe somebody else with a little more nano experience will jump in.

From my experience with those fish I think you can put them in without really worrying about the order. the gramma probably is the most aggressive fish of the batch and I never had any issues with mine. I also had 2 clowns and they were all fine together.

I added my YWG after my b&w clowns in my cube and he just picked a nice crevice to call home. Rarely comes out, just guards his home. lol

On the bright side, my shrimp seems to be happy today. He's been hiding a lot lately but all day today he has been out roamin

I love shrimp! Probably next favorite after my my tangs. lol The longer I have mine the more they come out and socialize. lol My cleaner in the 29g cube has been out and about alot lately.

Have you thought of more shrimp?

Ya mine has been out constantly since yesterday, he's fun to watch :)

I want a fire shrimp, and would like a sexy shrimp but can't find any around here

Sexy shrimp are tiny anyways. lol i wanted some too but I could barely see them in the lfs tank so I skipped em. They also like to be in threes I heard, they do better together I guess. Fire shrimp is awesome, I wish I could get myself to spend the $35 on one. :-O

Oh I didn't know sexy shrimp were that small. Ya I think fire shrimp are way cool! But ya I forgot they are way expensive, I'll probably end up getting one someday when i don't have room for anything else lol

Back
Top Bottom