Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starscream

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just wondering I ve been using tap water for years as my top up and water changes!! Because my water always tested very good. Was wondering if 5 gallon bottled water from the supermarket is ok to use? The reason I am asking is I still have a green hair alge problem. And all my tests are right on target. Soo I am just gonna start from square one.

Thanks for any help

Week 2 in 29 gallon biocube
Some serious hair green alge prob!
Transferred from 3 year old 90 gallon

0- phos
0- silicate
Ammonia 0.0
Nitrites 0.0
Lights on from 8 am till 6pm
Do yu have soft corals Kenya trees and mushrooms.
Everything seems to be happy. Even have rowa phos remover in sack having water filter through it.

Attachments

• image-550556071.jpg
    image-550556071.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 126
Usually there is phosphates and nitrates in tap water they have a tendency to build up over time and make the tank worse. It looks like you have a yellow tang in the tank. Their bioload is very high making the situation worse. RO water will help but not right away, I got a used tank about 8 months ago that had a hair algae issue I am starting to see an improvement but I still have hair algae particularly on a snail.

Alot of your grocery stores have them. Walmart has them and your LFS usually have it.

Back
Top Bottom