Water level on jbj 28g nano cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tcoyle

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey Everyone.

I am having a hard time determining the correct water level in the back of the tank. If I don't run the water level so that it goes over the separator walls in the back I get micro bubbles out of the return lines. This seems wrong to me as there is a reason there is different compartments.

How are you all running yours? Here is what I have in each compartment.

#1 I have a filter sponge in the main compartment
#2 Will have my protein skimmer Aqua Euro Nano II
#3 Heater
and #4 of course is the return lines.

Thanks so much!

There should be an indicator line
But if not i would say fill it high enough so the return pump doesnt suck air, and also if the skimmers working accordingly i wouldnt worry about it too much

Thanks. I will look into it more.

Here is a pick of my tank. It's been almost 2 weeks. The live rock came out of an existing tank. I have 6 hermits in to work on the algae. I seem to have a lot of red and brown algae and brown diatoms on the sand. Will this clear up on its own or should I do something else to help it along?

image-3091685671.jpg

image-515425131.jpg

image-3627406178.jpg

Well there arent many micro bubbles so im assuming the water levels fine But as far as the diatoms and algae and such. All of these things feed off of nitrates. Its a new tank so if theres no ammonia or nitrite then that basically indicates your tank is biologgically established. Chances are theres nitrates in the tank which is normal. If its dageriously high i would sugest a water change. Also a protien skimmer will help a lot as well Many say in a nano system a skimmer isnt completly nessasary, ALTHOUGH, if you have space for it i would do it anyway. What a skimmer does is remove organic material BEFORE. The nitrifying bacteria can break it down into ammonia/nitrite/nitrate. This will not mean you dont have to so water changes but will slow the growth of nitrates leading to slower algae growth

Not sure if you have your skimmer in yet but it will help tremendusly

Back
Top Bottom