Weekly problem with Nitrite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the challenge for a nano tank, in order to keep the water pristine, water change on weekly. I was seeking advise whether a canister filter with crushed liverock, and RO water will help.

When the fish grow bigger i will set them free by renting a boat, taking me to a pristine ocean and release them to sea.

If i want to go further, i will be considering a 6 ft tank and a 4 ft sump, the upkeep cost should be high compare to weekly water change.

Was wondering any guys have maintained the water condition for a year or two in a nano tank that much of fish.

I'm unsubscribing from this thread. JBoz either has a problem understanding English, or accepting reality. There is no point in trying to offer further advice here.

No one had tried to keep that many fish in a nano before. Please do not release the fish back into the ocean. There was a thread just a couple days ago about how lion fish were causing a ton of trouble from people releasing them into the ocean in places that weren't their natural habitat. I know you wan't to keep your fish but you just can't. Please return most of them to your local fish store (sometimes they will give you store credit) or upgrade to at least a 75 or 90 gal tank right away. Those are absolutely the only options for you right now. Nothing you do or try will keep your nano even close to stable or in good condition, bottom line. The canister filter and RO and bacteria booster will not help you.

"The canister filter and RO and bacteria booster will not help you. "

Since nobody have tried it in nanotank, how can we proof that canister filter and Ro and bacteria boast will not help is true. I might agreed with you since some of u, might already been experienced enough for 10 or 20 years in marine fish keeping.

Just wanted to find out is there any solution to maintain a pristine water thru canister filter, as someone has mentioned a 90 gallons might help, so which models of canister filter can be used for a 90 gallons?

Thanks.

I think you are speaking a different language Where is Malaysia exactly? What is your first language? Maybe we are having trouble communicating to you that you are overdoing it and need to be PATIENT If I knew what your language was Maybe I could translate the word PATIENT for you so that you may understand. OR maybe translate the word OVERSTOCKED

I think you are speaking a different language Where is Malaysia exactly? What is your first language? Maybe we are having trouble communicating to you that you are overdoing it and need to be PATIENT If I knew what your language was Maybe I could translate the word PATIENT for you so that you may understand. OR maybe translate the word OVERSTOCKED

How to regulate an overstock tank? weekly water change, RO and bacteria boaster, canister filter does it help?

Jbozz... I can feel the tension from the other members of this site, and I don't think you are undertanding what they are trying to tell you...

Your tank is overstocked. The only solution is to remove fish. You MUST remove fish from the tank. Take some of them back to the store where you bought them, and do not release them in the ocean. Because the tank is already so small, even if it was not overstocked, weekly water changes would still be required. There is no way around that, no matter what you do.

A cannister will not help you. RO/DI water is what most SW people use for all their water changes, just to be sure it is clean to start with. Bacteria boosters will not help, because they must have a place to live. Live rock is where bacteria live in a SW tank. That is all there is to it. If you do not have enough live rock to support the bacteria, then they will die very quickly and not help the tank at all.

Jbozz... I can feel the tension from the other members of this site, and I don't think you are undertanding what they are trying to tell you...

Your tank is overstocked. The only solution is to remove fish. You MUST remove fish from the tank. Take some of them back to the store where you bought them, and do not release them in the ocean. Because the tank is already so small, even if it was not overstocked, weekly water changes would still be required. There is no way around that, no matter what you do.

A cannister will not help you. RO/DI water is what most SW people use for all their water changes, just to be sure it is clean to start with. Bacteria boosters will not help, because they must have a place to live. Live rock is where bacteria live in a SW tank. That is all there is to it. If you do not have enough live rock to support the bacteria, then they will die very quickly and not help the tank at all.
Very well said I hope the advice is recieved by Jbozz

I'm planning to get a canister filter, and keep those crushed liverocks and bacteria there, will it helps. And which brand is more reliable in term of value, Eheim, Hydor or Tetra?

No matter what you do, the cannister will still not hold enough live rock to support the livestock in your tank. Don't waste your time and money on the cannister. The fish will suffer because there is not enough space in your tank for the fish to be comfortable.

Fiji - Malaysia is over my side of the world mate. Lovely place, nice weather, people I know from there are very kind and decent.

And I'm pretty conficent that JBozz speaks english well enough to understand the advice here. Jbozz is obviously waiting for someone to tell him what he wants to hear (or her).

JBozz you can ask the same question over and over again, but we won't be telling you "it will be fine" when we know better. Sorry, that no one her will simply tell you what your want to hear. that's not how this forum works.

So JBoss, you can either take the advice you're given, or choose not to. Either way, you won't get much advice if you continue to be dismissive and argumentative.

Jbozz, you have been offered wonderful advice here...numerous times, over and over again. Honestly, I don't see the point in keeping this thread open when you continue to ignore advice given by our members and ask the same question one time after another.

If you aren't happy with our answers, please feel free to peruse a different aquarium forum.

This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom