Well im going to finally take the plunge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ice fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
went to my LFS today and decided it was finally time to get going on what ive wanted to do for quite a while. ill be picking up a 29 gal. biocube. im excited and cant wait to start out with this. got my fishes already picked out and looking forward to doing all those mods on the tank and adding corals. :) should be a blast

thanks. has been a long time coming! ill be posting pics up as soon as i get it. hopefully will this coming week or so. want to get a used one if someone has one otherwise ill just go and buy it

I got mine new from a local PetCo-they don't sell them at the stores and took my offer. Stand + 29g Coralife Biocube $130.00 it was a great deal, in my Opinion. I was set to get a 14 g, but they wouldn't deal on that one for some reason. So, I got a larger tank, and I am happy!

Where are you located? My LFS has a set-up new for $189 for both stand and 29g, I think. It is in San Diego

Honestly and Truly, bio cubes actually have to be upgraded a TON for them to be the ultimate reef. The return pumps, lights (unless HQI), adding another powerhead, inTank media baskets, are all commonly uograding. IMO you'd be better buying a normal tank and choosing all the components seperatly.

I think, I agree, although the upgrading I've done, have got good prices and went slowly, just as slowly as adding livestock and coral.

just depends on what you want to do with your tank. i like the idea of a all in one. and how the system is setup on it. if i cant find something on craigslist ill probably buy it from my LFS. if there isnt something else there that catches my eye

looks like i might skip the biocube since ill be getting a good deal hopefully from a buddies aquarium store. so a custom 30 gal might be coming :)

my friend at a LFS around me is putting together a setup and giving me a good price on it. when i get it ill let you guys know

Back
Top Bottom