What I need to know about symbiosis of a Clownfish and a Bubble Tip Anemone.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zeroblake

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello reefers!!

Today i will like to ask you to all of you everything about symbiosis between clownfish and anemone, couple days ago i was watching my bubble tip anemone shrinking all the tentacles but i didn't know why I start to get worry about it and start to check the water parameters to see if something was wrong with the water, and all my parameters are good and well balanced and last night when I get home after work, I saw that the anemones was fully closed but my black ocellaris clownfish was very closed to it, and after 1/2 hour that the clownfish trying to host it the anemone open and close itself , so this morning the clownfish finally hosted the anemone but my bubble tip is not fully open as before, what should I do to help, I don't know give it more time of light or feeding it, I don't know.

Is very cool see that in my aquarium, and I'm happy but at the same time I'm worry about my anemone.

Thank you reefers ! Have a good day all of you.

Attachments

• image-1622951914.jpg
    image-1622951914.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 112
  • image-2744066487.jpg
    image-2744066487.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 112
  • image-1068656568.jpg
    image-1068656568.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 123
  • image-690928873.jpg
    image-690928873.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 119
How long have you had the anemone? It's a bit hard to tell from the pics, can you take one in just white light? It doesn't look happy, like the first pic all big and bubbly and the others it looks like its losing its colour. What kind of lighting do you have? As for your question, as rough as clown fish can be, they do not harm the anemone with their movements. Even at night when mine is fully closed over they still try and shove their faces in it! All part of nature...

How long have you had the anemone? It's a bit hard to tell from the pics, can you take one in just white light? It doesn't look happy, like the first pic all big and bubbly and the others it looks like its losing its colour. What kind of lighting do you have? As for your question, as rough as clown fish can be, they do not harm the anemone with their movements. Even at night when mine is fully closed over they still try and shove their faces in it! All part of nature...

Hey buddy !! Thanks for your help.

Well I have this anemone for almost two months and a week or so starts to closed up and shrinks it tentacles, I can't take clear picture because I use the Kessil light , is more blue than white. This light is over 10 gallon tank about 20" above the tank, I was thinking to get closer a little bit the light to the anemone reach a little more light than before just to try if the anemone needs morw light.

Thank you buddy have a good night .

Hello reefers!!

Here is a recent picture of my bubble tip anemone I notice than little by little
Is getting back now that my clown has hosted the anemone, this one looks more happy not as before yet but I may think that the bubble tip anemone going to recovery satisfactory in a few days more, I hope so..

Have a good Holliday everybody!!

Attachments

• image-2971116754.jpg
    image-2971116754.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 102
Back
Top Bottom