What should I stock my 1.5 gal with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Theyll eat corals and if there isnt enough available then they need live starfish.
Harley's don't eat corals, they only eat echinoderms (starfish and some urchins), and they eat alot of them too. I had one in my 2 gal and it was kinda a pain feeding her stars all the time

Badfishofbabylon said:
Harley's don't eat corals, they only eat echinoderms (starfish and some urchins), and they eat alot of them too. I had one in my 2 gal and it was kinda a pain feeding her stars all the time

Lol well I mean idk what to say besides the fact that I saw it.

Hermits, snails, asterina & goby/pistol shrimp in our 2 gal. We also have a black clown. They all live happy and healthy in our tank, though there have been some here who have thought the mix was a bad idea. Our saltwater store owner watches all of his fish behaviors and suggested the mix we have. I would start there. It could be that they have just what u need! We also have 2 small frags & 2 lb live rock

I wouldnt suggest any fish in a 1.5 gallon, much less a clown, but thats just me. Nobody can really tell how happy their fish is, so i suggest a shrimp and coral.

A 2gallon tank is not nearly enough room for a goby, pistol, and a clown. Those fish require a much larger tank. Though they may appear to be happy, they really do need a lot more space for proper growth and well being.

I agree. That saltwater fish store owner doesn't care about fish if he recommends a clown for a 2 gallon tank.

AquaRick said:
A 2gallon tank is not nearly enough room for a goby, pistol, and a clown. Those fish require a much larger tank. Though they may appear to be happy, they really do need a lot more space for proper growth and well being.

+1 I wouldn't put any fish in a tank smaller then 5g and even then would be 1 maybe 2 nano fish certainly not a clown of any type

I didnt really want fish anyways... Im more intrested in the inverts! By the way... do i need to buy live rock? Or is it ok for the tank to just cycle longer instead?

Zardo said:
I didnt really want fish anyways... Im more intrested in the inverts! By the way... do i need to buy live rock? Or is it ok for the tank to just cycle longer instead?

You'll need some rock to act as a filter, unless you want yo use another method of filtration. You can use base rock if you want. It'll become "live" as it cures during your cycle.

I have mechanical filtration aswell and live rock is hard to get and expensive... I have rocks that were previosly used in freshwater aquariums in there

Back
Top Bottom