What to put in a 10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattt6511

Aquarium Advice Activist
What would you put in a 10 gallon saltwater tank, nothing in it but some live sand and a small piece of liverock.. I have 2 other saltwater tanks, and i realy wanted to get seahorses, would i be able to put a seahorse or 2 in this tank.... any other ideas if i cant do a seahorse i was thinking a little firefish goby and maybe another small fish???? any ideas would be great.

i know a 10 gallon is a challenge this is not my only tank, thanks :)

I dont think you could do seahorse tank, reidis and other species generally need 30 gallons or more. You could definately do a firefish and maybe a clown goby or something..

Seahorses are a definite no.

Most seahorses require a tank of at least 30 gallons. The only other seahorses that can be kept in smaller tanks are cold water species like hippocampus capensis. Both of which need water that's around 60-65 degrees and in a 10 it's still really pushing it. There is a non coldwater species, hipocampus zosterae, but they get around an inch or a little more and a tank that's 5 gallons or less is recommended for a beginner to them. Zosterae's need baby brine shrimp and hatching it constantly and feeding it only if they are about 4-5 hours or less old. They are more demanding than most seahorses and I really don't recommend you try them, at least not until you know a lot about them and have the right tank.

So skippind seahorses I would recommend something like firefish, neon gobies, some species of clownfish, or other similar sized fish.

Ok i dont want to get in over my head with seahorses then... So what should i do, say a firefish goby and a clown goby, and maybe a pistol shrimp, would that be oky.???

hmm i just thought the gobies and pistols got along, would i be able to put any shrimp in it tho, maybe one coral banded shrimp

Ever thought of a nano reef tank. Had two ten gallon ones. In the first had a really cool brain coral and in the other had to awsome maximas. Both tanks outgrew but the profit from them more than outwayed the expense. Made up the calcium costs electricity the whole nine when I sold them to a guy that had a 200 pluse reef. But its just a suggestion. Oh, yeah after sold them got some small perculas with an anenome they loved that little setup.

Back
Top Bottom