What's a good power head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmmnano

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am new to salt water and I have a 24 g jbj nano cube that I am looking to start my first reef tank with I would like some advice on opinions for a good power head for it as much info as I could get would be greatly appreciated

Hello. :)

If you are looking for a decent power head with out anything fancy and not crazy expensive the I would go with a koralia 425. perfect flow for that sized tank. I had one in my 29g biocube for years and it was all good.
If you have money to burn then go with an ecotech vortech controllable pump. Very very cool but about $285 or so

Also can someone give me a list that of corals that would go well together I am pretty set that I would like to put a
Pompom crab
Two clown fish
A goby of some sort
Ps thanks for the power head advice

Avoid aqueon power heads they make too much racket
as for coral we first need to know about your tank
lighting ,age ect

I have set the tank up yet still the research phase the lights are whatever comes stock with the original 24 g nano cube my lfs that I have been going to for 16 years told me it is reef ready and they have one that has been setup there for years but it's a ten gallon. I know opinions are mixed about how good they work but I have been breeding African cichlids for years and always wanted to do saltwater but I don't the first thing about it and really try to inform myself as much as possible before I start into this new adventure as I have found the through fw tanks that trial and error is expensive and frustrating I have been reading on this forum for about a month and a half now and I finally feel like its time start asking some questions of my own

That comes with 2 50/50 36 watt power compacts. You could do softies and probably lps like hammers, Duncan's, acans, zoas, mushrooms, Xenia, etc.

Can all those go together or is there some that combine together better than others

And does the fish selection seem to be on par for that size tank or should I re think that I really like the pompom crabs a lot though so I'm kind of stuck on that as one of the inhabitants and my kids of course want nemo as this tank will probably end up in the family room of our house its kind of a must have but I don't know if two would b too many

The fish and inverts are fine :). Same with the coral, go to liveaquaria and look at corals you like. Then post them on here and we can tel you if they'd work

What are so do's and do nots as far as other corals that can be placed near them from what I understand if they r stung by other corals they release toxins that can b pretty devastating to the rest of the tank

Another "middle of the road" option for powerheads is the Jeabo WP10. Not as fancy as the vortechs, but at apx 60 bucks, they are pretty sweet!

Back
Top Bottom