Whats this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buhajer2

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got it since i stablished my 6 gallon. Its came with the liverock. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390566186.785350.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390566202.467403.jpg

Its my 3rd week of cycling. And am planing to add another 1.5 kg of liverock

I need same help which beast one i can add cured or not.

That looks very much like an aipstasia. You want to get of that with something like joes juice, if not it'll multiply rapidly and be a nuisance to get rid of. Google aipstasia and research from there

+1 on the aipstasia. That's a big one to so I would get it ASAP before it spawns more

Found something similar (like little red flowers) on my live rock, thought it was supposed to be their.

Anything actually eat it?

edit - nevermind, turns out to be a feather duster or something like that.

A lot of folk have had success with peppermint shrimps or a copperband butterfly but they can be hit or miss, more of a miss on most ocassions tbh. There is also the Bhergia nudibranch but the trouble with this is that it only eats Aips so unless you want to cultivate Aips you're dooming the nudi to starve once the problems gone.

The best way in my opinion is to treat them with treatments available such as joes juice. Again some people use lemon juice in a syringe squirted directly in the Aips mouth

A lot of folk have had success with peppermint shrimps or a copperband butterfly but they can be hit or miss, more of a miss on most ocassions tbh. There is also the Bhergia nudibranch but the trouble with this is that it only eats Aips so unless you want to cultivate Aips you're dooming the nudi to starve once the problems gone.

The best way in my opinion is to treat them with treatments available such as joes juice. Again some people use lemon juice in a syringe squirted directly in the Aips mouth

Please define a lot of success with copperband butterflies? Almost all die within months of being in our systems. Please don't add one. I agree that manual removal via joes juice or aiptasia x is your best bet

Yes the majority of copperbands die within months of being added. This is because most of us cannot cater for their care and requirements, myself included. I know people who have kept copperbands that have lived a lot longer than the odd month or two and been healthy and well fed with it.

I neever suggested for one moment that the op go out and buy one but the question was asked if there was anything that ate Aips. I would kinda hope that people research livestock well before committing to its care

Yes the majority of copperbands die within months of being added. This is because most of us cannot cater for their care and requirements, myself included. I know people who have kept copperbands that have lived a lot longer than the odd month or two and been healthy and well fed with it.

I neever suggested for one moment that the op go out and buy one but the question was asked if there was anything that ate Aips. I would kinda hope that people research livestock well before committing to its care

Gotcha sorry if I came off as offensive. I just know sometimes people take advice like that as a quick solve and buy a critter when it will most likely not survive. They take this forum to heart and they say a copperband would eat it so ill get one. Just wanted to clarify how poorly these fish do in captivity.

I probably should've expanded on my post as well and went on the offensive in reply to you. I'm new to the forum and don't want to start upsetting folk. A forum group hug ??

Ok i treated it with lemon juice. Its seamed work. I will wait till tomorrow to see whats happing. Thanks all.

Back
Top Bottom