White Sabae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nguyenma

Aquarium Advice Regular
so i have a white sabae, and it use to be big and long... but not its shrivel up now... whats wrong with it??

How long have you had it? Anemones retract alot. M ine look terrible sometimes. They shrivel up but seem to come out when ready. What lights do you have? They like alot of light.

White is normally not a good color for an anemone... usually implies it's bleached and stressed. It could just finally be showing more obvious signs of stress. How many Watts of lighting do you have?.. not just the type.

I'm not an expert on anemones, but I really don't think that's enough light to keep one happy for long. I'm thinking that's probably your problem.

There is no such thing as a naturally occuring white sebae anemone. If it's white, it's bleached and stressed out. I don't know what size tank you have, but I assume 65w is a power compact bulb and no where near enough light for this anemone.

This is what a healthy sebae anemone should look like.
sebae_11-09.jpg

Aside from the light, you shouldn't have a nem to begin with. 5 months is not long enough to have waited to get one. When it comes to nems, pristine water, and no water fluctuations are a must. These creatures are extremely sensitive to any type of water changes, and will show they are stressed out by always moving around. Nems when comfortable, will find a place to secure their "foot" to, and if it's a good spot, they will stay there. Water fluctuations are a given in any tanks younger than a year. Beneficial bacteria, and the tanks overall ecosystem is still being hardened at these early tank stages. If that nem doesn't die within a few days, it might be a good idea to take it back to where you bought it, or get it under some stronger lights.

i love it very nice :) Whats the best way of feeding them? 1 day i would like to get them , i wont get 1 until my tank has been running more than 6-8months to put 1 of them in your tank? is that true also?

The best way to feed them is just feed your fish. I never directly fed the anemone, but the clowns take food to it when they get fed. I would suggest waiting at least 1 year for the tank to stabilize before adding an anemone. They also need lots of light...as in T5HO or Metal Halide.

hehe thank you very much for the tip i will wait a year then :) thank you,My common clowns love my magnet glass cleaner :) im sure they think it is there home :)lol where ever i put it they go to it:) very nice capt

thanks guys. umm well i know this is bad and most of you would like to see me bring it back. but i prob wont... sorry to say. i had it in my 14g for a long time and it never did that until i switch tanks... what kind of light bulbs should i get for the compact coralite???

In my opinion, there is no bulb you can buy for that fixture that will be enough light. You're limited in your Wattage by the fixture/ballast.

I have a 55g with 260w PC and I am going to buy a T5HO 324w in the spring just for a Seabae. PC are not enough for most of the anemones that are hosts to clowns. From what I have read T5HO are a minimum. Really should have metal Halide's I am just not sure if I can afford them, but maybe

Back
Top Bottom