Will mushrooms spread?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tropicallie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Got a mushroom today and I was just wondering if it would spread and if so, how fast?

Attachments

• image-3025152093.jpg
    image-3025152093.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 130
Oh yea they will definitly spread. It depends on how the coral likes your tank, but you could potentially see a new small shroom every week and a half, but its differant rates for everyone

Dont be surprised if it takes a long time to start spreading but once it starts it usually continues rapidly.

Ive had mushrooms take 6 months before the first split and then bam the reproduce like crazy. Just gotta find the spot int the tank they like with the right amount of light and flow.

Schism said:
Dont be surprised if it takes a long time to start spreading but once it starts it usually continues rapidly.

Ive had mushrooms take 6 months before the first split and then bam the reproduce like crazy. Just gotta find the spot int the tank they like with the right amount of light and flow.

They move themselves right?

Yes but usually they only move to split. Basically they stretch their foot and move and a small piece of the foot stretches and tears off remaining in the original place it was and grows into a new mushroom. You can tell if they are getting enough light by if they are stretching or not. If its getting plenty of light it should lay relatively flat in the rock it is attached to.

Schism said:
Yes but usually they only move to split. Basically they stretch their foot and move and a small piece of the foot stretches and tears off remaining in the original place it was and grows into a new mushroom. You can tell if they are getting enough light by if they are stretching or not. If its getting plenty of light it should lay relatively flat in the rock it is attached to.

He looks pretty flat to me. I'm excited to see it grow.

He moved completely off of the rock and is now crawling around the sand. Should I move him?
Nope ,,he's looking for a spot..shrooms are a nems (well ,pretty much) so they will move about ...rics IME don't multiply nearly as fast as regular mushrooms though

Back
Top Bottom