Will this work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NatureFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was curious if I could get a bowl about 1/2 of a gallon with the following setup or similar:
1. Light substantial for a frogspawn
2. powerhead
3. Live rock
4. Live sand
5. Ph of 8.3 or close to it
6. Possibly a dwarf blue leg
7. Bacteria sold at my local reef store
8. This is all I can think of at the moment but of course anything else you think would be beneficial to have I will most definitely include as I don't want melted frogspawn or dead inverts!

I realize that I would have to frag it often as they can grow quite large. I also realize up keep is going to be difficult due to its size but unfortunately the rest of the household won't let me get the 29 biocube I wanted and they won't let me get another tank at all so why not a nano so small it's hardly noticeable? I think space and yearly up keep cost is the main concern so this would be perfect. I've never had salt water tanks before but the amount of research I have done everyday for four months and the amount of professionals I have talked to about reefing partially makes up for my lack in experience. Because of the whole space and budget issue I've tried to get my thoughts about starting a reef tank out of my head but as you know this hobby and the freshwater hobby are both very addicting. So tell me nano reefers, would this work?

NatureFish
????

I forgot to add that this would be the only coral in this setup. I'm trying not to push it since this is already a tiny tank. Zoanthids would be a better idea but I just love the look and swaying motion that a frogspawn makes when the powerhead is on.

NatureFish
????

:) if this won't work maybe I can get the bigger tank for Christmas if I'm really good!

NatureFish
????

It is doable but you will have to watch it and test more. But I have heard of it working.

5 gallon Betta Tank
In Progress 20L Reef

After looking at what live aquaria has to say about them I'm thinking I should choose a nano coral and not something that extends to six inches long at night!

NatureFish
????

Mine never did and I had a zoa garden right next to him they where about two inches away from each other. But hammers and torches are nice too :)

5 gallon Betta Tank
In Progress 20L Reef

Is the branch variety better or worse than the wall variety?

NatureFish
????

Depends I prefer the branch but kept both with no problems

5 gallon Betta Tank
In Progress 20L Reef

I'm thinking of going with the branch since its easier to propagate and doesn't require one of those fancy-shmancy saws. I'd like to make some money off of this if possible and obviously I wouldn't be able to frag enough of that single frogspawn so what else would I have enough room to add in there? Xenia is fast growing and easy to propagate...would it "get along" with a frogspawn?

NatureFish
????

So lets say I actually do this because you know, I'm just thinking out loud here...would I be able to make a frag tank out of a tupperware container?

NatureFish
????

Back
Top Bottom