Xenia frag dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guppylover101

Aquarium Advice Activist
Yesterday i bought a xenia frag i positied it in a hole in my live rock amd it kept falling of i went to the store amd purchased supergle and glued it .
Is it okay i superglued it or will it die? Annd does it look alive?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 119
We use superglue, 100% cyanoacytane, all the time for gluing frags and such. Did you acclimate the coral to your tank/lighting? It def isn't dead...but sometimes xenia can be picky with things. I've heard of them just not being able to be kept in some tanks for unknown reasons where in others, right across the room, will flourish.

Birds nest coral

Also the xenia is in my biocube with the stocklighting shoul i turn all the lights on and do i point the return nozzle at my xenia or will that just kill it i also have a birdsnest frag that my friend gave me will it make it in my tank with the lighting it has or wiil it die just checked my water parameters
Results :
Amonnia:0ppm
Nitrate:0ppm
Nitrite0ppm
Ph:8.2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 99
This is the birdsest coral frag my friend gave me and you can see the xenia getting hit ith th poer head nozzle is that okay or should i point it another direction

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 91
Don't have it blasting the corals. Indirect random flow is what you want. That birdsnest I'm sure doesn't appreciate the straight blast

So do i just move the nozzle another way so its not hitting it and their is some flow hitting the birdsnest but not direct im just worried if it will do fine in the lighting i have

Back
Top Bottom