Yellow Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A 14G would only house a very small tang for maybe 2 months, so you would be wasting your money and would be forced to upgrade. If you want a tang for a years in a established tank i would say the tank would need to be at least 4ft long for grazing. The tang police will debate the 4ft vs 6ft, but it depends on species and size. To my knowledge there is no tang species that can be kept full grown in a 14G. It would get stressed and die quickly.Good luck.

um, bare minimum for a tang, even going by a very modest estimate, is a four foot tank, and I can hear the people ready to correct me and say six feet long is the minimum (I think that kind of depends on aquascaping and a few other factors, but since I actually am not planning to keep a yellow tang until at the least I have a 200 gallon tank, it's kind of irrelevant). I strongly doubt it's a four foot long 14 gallon.

Just back slowly away from the tang, or alternatively spend about the same money on craigslist as you would for a new biocube 14 and find yourself a seventy five gallon tank with other parts and have a good time! I mean, do you really need that couch?

It just struck me. I actually paid less for my seventy than for a biocube 14 costs new. I want one so bad, but geesh they're expensive.

To ShadoeFox and Crabs. Not sure if it is the same where you guys are but I joined a local reef club in Atlanta. There are always tons of deals on that site. I don't even look at Craig s List anymore. On top of that, they have Frag Swap get together at the monthly meetings. :)

Seriously, if you want to discuss mermaids and things of that nature, please do so in the lounge. The question has been asked and answered regarding the tang. I see no need for this thread to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom