Yellowline Goby ORA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Elacatinus figaro

The stripe is more neon than this LA pic. No Pink cheek.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/...3353+3433&pcatid=3433&siteid=20&&topcatid=871

So I have been looking at these same type fish, the Blue version, f. oceanops, for a few years, and just haven't got one.

One of these just came to my tank last night. It was 16.99. It was the bigger / wider of the fish so maybe a female. There were a couple more, but I was wanting to be cautious as I'd have to tear the whole tank down to get it out of the tank.

Other than the standard... unless its a mated pair they don't get along with conspecifics. Then after many other comments and info from keepers, it seems they can get along in groups, some are saying, I didn't see that they fought with each other.

So anyone have specific experience with either of these, blue or yellow? Groups (w/ratios), singles, mated pairs?

Small tanks are always an issue relative to territory.

Please share experiences which you know about, your or your friends fish accounts are fine too.

Mine is in with a Yellow Clown Goby, Anemone Shrimp, Pom Pom Crab, and baby Emerald Crab, 2-3 Blue Leg Hermits.

It has been all over the front glass of the tank and where I couldn't see it too. Not a shy fish.

Last edited:
When I used to get the ORA ones in at the lfs I worked at I kept them all together in 5 gallon tanks and they did fine. No fighting at all

Thanks! That's good news. In the next weeks I will see about getting a couple more.

As I hear the males are always hiding guarding the eggs, what ratio would be better 1 to 1?

In reading, info says they are monogamous, anyone else actually know about that or just a guess?

Also happy to report the fish has the pink purple cheeks now, must be settled into the tank.

Soon I will be adding a 12-15G SW. Maybe going all out for some Dragonface Pipefish which in that case will be a larger tank (I still have a 46G bowfront trying to decide what to do with). But really still thinking that over.

If I started a ~ FOWLR I wouldn't need to worry about the lighting too much and the group of little Yellowlines would really like it, lots and lots of live rock, like a mountain!

Bribo - Were the Yellow and Neon Blue ever mixed in the same tank?

Interactions with each other okay if so? Or anyone else with the info, :)???

<><><><><><>
This morning btw, the new little Goby kept scooting nearer to the Yellow Clown Goby, just shy of a couple inches at a time and the YCG stayed for a bit, and moved (they are always moving around), and the other scooted a few inches again near him. Not in a threatening way just kind of sideways near him. Maybe checking out the YCG, which didn't really even look at it!

We had the neon blues, the yellows and the hybrids in the same tank with no problems.

Back
Top Bottom