Zach's Aqueon Evolve 8 Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well my new light fixture came in the mail this morning and its PERFECT for this tank. It's made by Beamworks and uses 9 LED bulbs that produce 1 watt of light each. 6 of those bulbs produce 10,000k daylight while the other 3 produce 460nm actinic light. Altogether it only cost me $30 bucks on eBay and like I said I think it's gona work out perfect for this tank. Here's some pics.

Looks like yo need to pull the light forward because it's very dark in the front.

CleverBs said:
Looks like yo need to pull the light forward because it's very dark in the front.

Yea that's on purpose actually. A lot of my mushrooms are in the front and they didn't like the high lighting. It's doesn't look like the light is as separated in person.

Yea that's on purpose actually. A lot of my mushrooms are in the front and they didn't like the high lighting. It's doesn't look like the light is as separated in person.

Ah yeah mushrooms dont look very good in full light with the shrivel up haha. I guess iv always just stuffed my mushrooms under a ledge because iv never though of that idea.

Normally I don't like the spotlight effect of large separated LEDs but it looks REALLY good in your tank for some reason!

Why am I just now seeing this thread?! The tank looks amazing! I love all the coral you have. I'm a little jealous... I still have just zoas and the little candy cane. And hair algae.. Lol! I would also like to know what the coral on top is. It's beautiful!

Thanks guys! The center top coral is a purple xenia and it is really cool. It's actually grown alot since so ill need to post an updated picture.

Here's some update pics of the tank. Things are still going well!

Attachments

• image-1241610653.jpg
    image-1241610653.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 245
  • image-2196843613.jpg
    image-2196843613.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 206
  • image-1841570853.jpg
    image-1841570853.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 196
  • image-453755234.jpg
    image-453755234.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 225
Nice seeing the progress on the coral! Have you had any issues with evaporation?

Thanks guys! As far as evaporation goes I found it was better for me to leave the lid off the tank and just go rimless. I do freshwater top-offs every other day and water changes every week. So far that schedule doesn't allow for evaporation changes.

Back
Top Bottom