Zoas Won't Open Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squintyekalb

Aquarium Advice Activist
My Zoa hasn't opened up all day. Any suggestions? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406770690.118556.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406770713.792570.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What are your reef element levels? Alkalinity, magnesium, and calcium?

It can be anything honestly, did something bump them? They may have just closed for no reason

Just did a water test oday, everything normal and within comfortable range. nothings bumped them as far as I know. Just got back home from work and they're closed. typically opened

Hmm zoas are very finicky! I have a tank full of assorted ones

So it's morning now. And they're still closed. My one group opened. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406805904.559854.jpg

I'm still pretty new to saltwater and all but if it helps at all, I got two zoa frags in on Tuesday and they are just now starting to open up today(Thursday). I would say that they just need a little more time.

Both my frags are on the bottom. Open with lots of light on both. The one has a powerhead about a foot away from it. The other doesn't.

They're opening now. But just a few and not very much.

Just did a water test oday, everything normal and within comfortable range. nothings bumped them as far as I know. Just got back home from work and they're closed. typically opened

It's pretty much impossible to help unless you give us #s for params.

Back
Top Bottom