1 inch fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pool_dude

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,

I want to make a school of small fish and am curious if their are any fish, aside from gobies, that has a max size of 1 inch. Ive check live aquaria, but some fish sizes are skewed because of exceptions. Thanks to anybody who can make suggestions!

bump this.... good question I'd like to know if there is one too........

I don't know of any fish that stays under 1". There are some small cardinals that only get to be about 2". The green clown goby is supposed to only hit about an inch and a half but, they're not a schooling fish. I'd be interested in hearing of something available that stays that small as well.

Barnicle blennies are an interesting group to watch. They do get bigger than an inch, but I don't think they are a small fish when adults. They don't "school" but they do hang out enarby each other in little holes in rocks and barnicles. Feeding time is a trip!!

Chromis range in size from 2" to 6". Chromis retrofaciata, the blackbar chromis is the smallest I've seen listed in the books I have. Cute little fish. It's white with a blackbar. Though the Chromis cyanea, the blue chromis are absolutely stunning. They get 5".

Back
Top Bottom